Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Wit Da Silva Bullit
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright Focus Fanatics, some of you may or may not be familiar with my DIY attitude, but for those of you that do not know me, my name is Luis, I go by KK here on the forums.. duh... :).. I drive a 2012 FF Ingot Silver Sedan.

The Ford focus roush 3 concept is a car I fell in love with, except the fact it was a hatchback.. lol.

That being said... the front of the car has always been what I aimed at for my car.

I played around with some plastidip. And loved how it looked.. but I was not satisfied.

mostly because of that damn license plate holder spot. How I hated it. So I took off the front grille and made it my own

However I was still not satisfied due to the whiskers on the front of the car that just didn't fit with my whole theme... so out came the knife and this is what came of it.

Hope you like it!

Now here's the how to:

Take off all four plastic holder washers.

Take off two plastic holders on each corner

Take out with flat head retaining clips underneath whiskers

4 more clips behind ford emblem

And come up with this.
Cut away at whiskers and plastic
beware of this guy

And the rest is a lot of custom work.

Lots of pictures!!! Sorry. Feel free to ask any questions. This project took me about 20 hours. And about 40 dollars worth of product. Mostly paint.

KAYKAY

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
That looks really good, props for doing that.

·
I Like Red
3,245 Posts
Way better then the stock look IMO, job well done sir!

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Looks really good. Do the whiskers just pop off or do you have to cut?

·
Wit Da Silva Bullit
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Looks like they where cut, since he had to use bondo on the bummer

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Very nice!

·
Wit Da Silva Bullit
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like they where cut, since he had to use bondo on the bummer
The top cut from ford emblem.
The backs from bumper.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
ah gotcha. It looks really good.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Really nice! this write up is awesome too. The focus front area nose/whiskers is one of the only things that bothers me with the design/look of the car.

1) Is cutting the whiskers // a possibly the ford button, the only way of removing it? I don't think I would want to cut my new car just yet.
2) did you order the grill to replace the whiskers?
3) looks awesome!

For me I'd probably want to remove the ford logo too, but then it seems like something is missing, i dunno

·
Wit Da Silva Bullit
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Really nice! this write up is awesome too. The focus front area nose/whiskers is one of the only things that bothers me with the design/look of the car.

1) Is cutting the whiskers // a possibly the ford button, the only way of removing it? I don't think I would want to cut my new car just yet.
2) did you order the grill to replace the whiskers?
3) looks awesome!

For me I'd probably want to remove the ford logo too, but then it seems like something is missing, i dunno
Thank you samu.

1.yes in order to remove the whiskers u have to cut them from the logo. It's one whole piece..
2. I bought mesh grille from my local auto parts store (pep boys) i cut to size
3. Lol once again Thank you.

As far as cutting into ur car... I've had this car now for a year. I've done a lot. But like u said, that front always disturbed me... so I got the nerve to finally do it. I must be honest, I don't regret it one bit.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
A lot of Work, and a VERY nice result!

Props for a unique & nice look.

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Nice!!! j0000hhhhsaycanyoucee! ahahahah

Keep up the g00d w0rk amiga!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts