Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys been putting this project off for a while, now its time. Replacing the rack and pinion in my 04 ZX3, I couldn't find any good write ups on this, so I have everything loose, back of the sub frame is dropped.

How in the hell do I get that stupid looking plastic cone off the end of the shaft that goes to the inside of the car?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

P.S.

where breaking it is a viable solution I would like to refrain from doing this lol[nono]

·
Registered
183 Posts
ok guys been putting this project off for a while, now its time. Replacing the rack and pinion in my 04 ZX3, I couldn't find any good write ups on this, so I have everything loose, back of the sub frame is dropped.

How in the hell do I get that stupid looking plastic cone off the end of the shaft that goes to the inside of the car?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

P.S.

where breaking it is a viable solution I would like to refrain from doing this lol[nono]

Assuming you disconnected the upper steering shaft from the lower steering shaft inside the car you should be able to drop the rack and the dash seal (plastic cone )down from the firewall and pull out on the dash seal tabs then push the dash seal upward off the rack exposing the rest of the lower steering shaft.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I fought with it for a while last night and finally got it out, I'm definitely going to do a nice write up with some pics so its on here for other people to use

1 - 4 of 4 Posts