Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can u do to out run and beat a srt-4. My buddy has one and is puttin money on it saying he'll beat me no matter what i put on it. Help

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Well to beat a car like an SRT-4 you need alot, no bolt ons will help you.

You need to match him power for power, what kind of $ do you have to spend.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
The turbo is gonna be your best bet - if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Not cheap though, and the SRT-4 is fast right from the dealer and only gets faster with mods. Has your friend done anything to his car? You can put a turbo and exhaust and CAI and whatnot on your Focus and probably keep up with him or even beat him, but if he's modded his car then things get that much harder for you...

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Srt-4 is quick and will smoke you in a straight line, and it even handles almost as good as the focus, You will need something called a turbo to beat him, get together about 5 grand and we can help you kick his butt, otherwise, in a straight line I;m afraid he has you

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Yeah but he mentioned in the "Best Turbo" thread that money is not an object - if that's true then he wants Tom's kit I would think.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Ha, well you never know. [rolleyes] Maybe he's got money saved up or something. But yeah, most people say money is no object UNTIL they see how much it's gonna cost to properly turbo or supercharge their car...

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
SVT4ME said:
Ha, well you never know. [rolleyes] Maybe he's got money saved up or something. But yeah, most people say money is no object UNTIL they see how much it's gonna cost to properly turbo or supercharge their car...
Exactly, money is no object, whoa $ 5500 is way to much, I only have $ 327.02 saved.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Forecd Induction is the only way the Vortech Supercharger or Tom's turbo will let you be able to do it or you can take him into some really hard twisties and hope for the best

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Uh-huh I know what you mean focal, what those of us penniless people like myself need to do is to befriend someone for whom money really is no object, and then convince them to pay for the thing, or give you a loan. [:D] I'm still hoping the guy who owns the driving school I work for will spring for some SRT-4's, after all they are Neons and that's almost exclusively what he buys. They'd be great for teaching stick-shift and we need a new stick-shift car. [rolleyes]

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
LoL thats a great car to learn stickshift on when first learning I don't think its a good idea to learn stick on a faster car its harder cause your not only worried about shifting, clutch, etc. but then also very worried about the throttle and bursting forward in speed

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
yeah, I know but that's the only rationalization I can come up with for getting one, that they are a stick and our current stick car is a serious POS. Oh, and I guess that they come in red - our cars are always red with white logos.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Sorry there buddy but it's gonna take an act of God for that to happen.
At least I don't think so...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts