Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are racing seats worth the bother of ripping out my old ones. I have seats covers on my front seats right now and I kind of like it. I was thinking if maybe I could get a set cheap it might be worth it. I was just wondering what people thought about them.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
i have to admit that the sparco seats are totally cool. they look awesome

·
Registered
29 Posts
dig it i have a question...i'm 6'7 and 300 lbs... not fat but you know...and my stock seats don't really hold me in when i go around a turn fast...anybody else have this problem and if so what seats are best for us pleasantly plump brothas

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
I'm 6'4" and 230 and I like the way my seats hold me in. However, if you are going to replace the seats make sure you dont have the side impact air bags because I dont think you can replace them, or it might be complicated. I like the Recaro's and I have a set in my Mustang. However, I pretty much max out these at my size so you would probably not fit them. Corbeau has some nice seats that look a little larger.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
lurch, saleen has the seats for you, i have the reg forza's which are made a little thinner but do the job, the 2's are made for the big guys

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
you can hook them up with any seat...just gotta find out how your going to hook them up

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
how comfertable are these racing seats? i have to drive a thousand plus mile round trip once a month and i like the feel of the stock seats, but they definatly arent the best for sporty driving around town.

·
Registered
437 Posts
i own the sparco speed seats....i think they are worth replacing your stock, but they do add up...you have to buy the seat, the adapter, the seat base and the slider, just to install it....not to mention getting your seatbelts...but well worth the dinero[wiggle]

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
crazy: many aren't the greatest and arent made to throw in daily drivers. i threw them in my car cause i drive the car once every 2 weeks at the most and it knocked off some extra weight<--reason why i got em

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
what are some good looking, and more importantly good FEELING seats for daily driving? i want 4 points also.

·
Registered
697 Posts
im 6'4 234 pounds and i find they dont hold me in there either.
a wholesaler i deal with sells them to me for 300$ cad shiping incld. i think ill get'em the summer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just inheirited 2 apc racing seats and the holes don't match up for the stock seats. Does anyone know where I can find a adapter? Also, I noticed that the locking part of the stock seatbelt is connected to the seat, is there a way around this, I don't want my car beeping at me all the time if it thinks there is no seatbelt locked?

Please help[???:)] [???:)]

I don't want to get rid of the seats.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
ditch the seats...you may be lucky and order up 2 corbeau or sparco brackets...and then modify them to fit the seat, i say sell them. i'd smash my had with a rock if i had apc seats (or apc anything for that matter)

·
Registered
990 Posts
seats

i have the forzas. my car is primarily a track car and they work well. however on the one long trip i took, they were literally a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I'd love to put in a set of racing seats.... But in the SVt I have power up&down, lumbar, and Side airbags.. So I would hate to loose all that. I just wish they had a little more side support than they do... I feel like after 6500 miles, i'm already starting to "break down" the sides fron getting in/out of the car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts