Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't seem to find any reputable brands other than magnaflow at around a $743 price tag. Relatively new to modding. Got an FSwerks race exhaust and an intake on the way, looking to see which headers I should look into getting and how much I should expect to spend on them. Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Magnaflow's is supposedly a "like oe" replacement from what I've heard.

I've got an OBX that I bought from a friendly Canadian when they weren't available on eBay but I believe there are some available right now for roughly $300.

The FSWerks header for the mk2 fits but requires some modification because it's a tight fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So not worth the steep price as I assumed? I was actually about to message you about the OBX ones based on that thread you posted last year lol

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
I've only seen one user on here get one from magnaflow. If I remember correctly they claimed that it felt better because magnaflow lol.

From what I can remember, OBX is one of the few that is 2.5" as well. I haven't really heard anything bad about the speed daddy header but it's 2.25" which just didn't work with what I had in mind for my car anyway.

Ultimately, I'll preach OBX over the others until something better comes along. Unless of course you're willing to make the FSWerks header fit.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Happy to help! I would suggest doing a little more digging just to make sure that's what you want to do. There's piles of information all over the place on this website.

If you do decide on the OBX I wouldn't wait too long to buy one. They're a non-catalog item and only come up rarely on eBay in small batches.

Reactions: Mk3Mikl

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Yeah the Magnaflow is just a OE replacement. I'd get the OBX, that seems to be the best available right now. I have the MK2 Fswerks header on my car and i really like it but i dont believe Fswerks makes that header anymore so you'd have to find one used like i did. There are a couple companies on here ( Rebel Devil Customs and Focus Power) that are looking into making a MK3 header but they dont offer them yet.

Reactions: Mk3Mikl

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
You'll also be looking another muffler too.....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was already planning on tuning and already have the race exhaust. Thanks for the input though! Always appreciated

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
Was already planning on tuning and already have the race exhaust. Thanks for the input though! Always appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Race w/ a header, your not going to like the racket after a while.......You'll want to add a stealth muffler after the flex. That'll tone it down.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Race w/ a header, your not going to like the racket after a while.......You'll want to add a stealth muffler after the flex. That'll tone it down.

I'll see how I feel about it with it all installed. Usually have speakers blasting anyway, I also have a sub installed

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
I'll see how I feel about it with it all installed. Usually have speakers blasting anyway, I also have a sub installed

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
You'll need to crank up Led Zeppelin to make your ears bleed......

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
^^^^ more like new Metallica album! [headbang]

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
Aerosmith......Def Leppard.....

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm thinking of getting the OBX header soon. I already have the Stealth exhaust. If I decide it's still too loud is there room to install another small resonator? My car sounds perfect to me now. I really don't want it much louder. I want the extra power boost, but I really don't want obnoxious rasp.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I'm thinking of getting the OBX header soon. I already have the Stealth exhaust. If I decide it's still too loud is there room to install another small resonator? My car sounds perfect to me now. I really don't want it much louder. I want the extra power boost, but I really don't want obnoxious rasp.
yeah you could make it work. there is room after the first muffler on the stealth exhaust to add another muffler or resonator, also the stealth exhaust eliminates the rear muffler and makes the exhaust exit on the driver side. so you could add a rear muffler similar to the factory one and have it come out the passenger side like the factory exhaust does.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Or add a rear muffler that accommodates dual exhaust.

Reactions: Jburks and FourD
1 - 20 of 24 Posts