Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damn it!!! ok i just bought my 2000 ford focus zx3 back in october 03' and since then ive upgraded to an AEM CAI intake and H&R Race Springs... After i installed both parts i raced a couple cars ..... like a 95' civic hath, single head si... a 90' civic hatch with a zc engine... and a mercury cougar with the same engine as the zx3... and all three races ive lost...BY A BUMPER!!!...and when i say bumper i mean bumper[?|] now heres the BLOOPER... normally i would tippy toe the gas pedal only because i didn't have a shaky foot while staging... but little did i know while going throught 1st to 2nd to 3rd and 4th gear i wasn't even gasing all the way[?|] ...

I found out yesterday when i went out to onterio... i finally put a full flat foot on the gas pedal, punched it throught the floor, and man did i feel the difference... i took the cougar and i was 3 for 3... FOCUS 3/ COUGAR 0...[:D]

I KNOW HAVE PLANS TO GO HEAD HUNTING FOR THE SAME CIVICS!!! ( acutually there homie so im goin to call them up tonight... head hunting sounds better then/ call up the homies[thumb]

FOCUS ON THIS

any got racing bloopers?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Ummm nope, none for me. I pretty much know what my car can or cannot do, most of my racing is done at the track. [;)]

·
Registered
382 Posts
No bloopers but I have a story. I was driving down some road one day and some zx3 pulls next to us and revs it. Now this guy had a ugly ass body kit that wasnt painted and the car was lowered. He obviously thought we were a stock zx3 so he wanted to race. "I got red SVT" We stoped at some light and we smoked him from the line. when we reached the next light he wouldnt pull all the way up next to us so i just stuck my head out the window and laughed. "ooo man did that piss him off.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Only story I got is when I use to race with my 92 cougar down on riverwalk drive by my house, a nice 2 mile long road that has subtle small curves that you can take at hellacious speed. Long story short, cops were doing a watch on the riverwalk the night we were street racing and I got caught doing 105 in a 20mph zone.

500 dollar fine, 60 days community service, and a night in jail.

BUT I STILL WON!!

·
Registered
875 Posts
R&DSVTZX5 said:
Ummm nope, none for me. I pretty much know what my car can or cannot do, most of my racing is done at the track. [;)]
track racing > *

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
ZTSRacer said:
...I got caught doing 105 in a 20mph zone.

BUT I STILL WON!!
LOL, 85mph over the limit!! I bet the guy who pulled you over had something to say about that. [:D]

·
Registered
318 Posts
SVT4ME said:
LOL, 85mph over the limit!! I bet the guy who pulled you over had something to say about that. [:D]

Yeah and the worse part was it was in my hometown and my mom is a 911 dispatcher and she was actually working at the time. Not a good thing when you know the cops and your mom works for them. All I got was hell from my mom for about two months.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Getting busted racing is bad....but oh man, your mom was listening to the whole thing as a dispatcher...OMG that must have sucked, I don't know who it was worse for you or mom, imagine the crapp she took at work..That is a really good story !

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Back when I was young and dumb I had a 68 fastback, 289 built to the hilt and I ran dumps on it so it was loud as hell. Late night with two friends in the car sitting at a light, two girls pull up next to us in a new prelude (this was back in 90). The driver keeps looking over and then looking ahead. She may have been revving that Honda but I couldn't have heard it over my beast.
She took off pretty hard but still b/c I couldn't hear her car I wasn't really sure she was racing until she barked 2nd. Then I nailed it. I think just the sound alone made her car want to hide. Anyway, I passed her like she was standing still then I got to see the lots of pretty bluelights.

They didn't even pull her over. I don't know if it was b/c I won or if they couldn't tell she was racing either, but my friends definately confirmed with the cop that I didn't start it.

When the cop got out of the car he said "Does Vicki know how you drive this car?" You might be asking yourself who's Vicki. Vicki is my mom. She works in a barbershop in a town of what was then about 30,000 (now it's about 50k) and knows everyone. Sometimes that had benefits sometimes it didn't. This time it kind of worked out both ways. He let me off with a warning but he told her and she gave me crap about it forever.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
85 over?!?!

Wow.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Uh......one time I was drifting in the mountains and I drifted off a cliff and died[confused]

·
Registered
185 Posts
ZETEC3 said:
Uh......one time I was drifting in the mountains and I drifted off a cliff and died[confused]
hahahaha!!

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
ZTSRacer said:
Only story I got is when I use to race with my 92 cougar down on riverwalk drive by my house, a nice 2 mile long road that has subtle small curves that you can take at hellacious speed. Long story short, cops were doing a watch on the riverwalk the night we were street racing and I got caught doing 105 in a 20mph zone.

BUT I STILL WON!!
good.. i hope you were somebody's bitch in jail to. you deserved it

you remind me of this one retard on post who has good knows what.. some pos car.. was racing in the back roads and got caught by a military police.. nobody likes him.. and now he made his life worse by doing something stupid..

yeah.. similar story..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.