Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here is an attachment of the last few laps at Daytona, same setup as the Charlotte race with more camber front and rear. The car ran perfect, first time all we did was adjust air pressure and swap tires due to a constant rear brake lock up which flat spots tires. Started on the pole, led every lap although I was challenge most laps in the in field. The camera view is from lap 7 or 8 and its a rear view as it actually shows cars on track, as opposed to staring out the windshield looking at empty track, anyway its a different view. Thanks again to Tom who built the head and all the hours on the tune and trouble shooting small issues all the time. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2gb5zx-JH2E. We won the championship and I can't thank everyone enough who have offered help and suggestions and advise, all of contributed to putting a Focus on top in SARRC in ITA.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Wonderful!

Regional Champ - great season.

Congrats

·
Registered
464 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun. Sounds like it makes good power. Do you know how much and what is max speed is on the big bank? I never got to run a oval when I raced, ran Road America many times pretty fun also. Congrats on the race man.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The speedo is a questionable item as we have changed final drive and wheel size, we have adjusted the PCM for the changes, but I don't think it carries to the speedo. We have installed a traqmate data logging system with GPS in the car, at daytona the speedo went well past 140 and the tps had one lap where it spiked to 148, when most laps had shown 143-145. So in that area, the Charlotte run we showed 135 and the banking is tighter, 5 gear rpm was down about 300 rpm's compared to daytona where we saw 6400rpm on the banking in 5th with a 4.06 final drive. Fifth is still an overdrive .77

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[/URL][/IMG]

I can drive a racecar but it takes my kid to help me post my first pic. This is from sun race at VIR. After a terrible run of luck with my motor program we installed a dead nuts stock 2.3 with a tune from Tom, a very expensive mtx 75 with a Kaaz, 4:25 final drive and some old race tires. Car ran great, not as fast as with my prior power plant but we drove it onto the trailer and had a wonderful weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts