Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience on adjusting raceland coilovers? I am currently running 17" wheels and I'm pretty low, trying to get to remove the wheel gap completely. I just ordered a new set or rims and tires as well, I'm going back to factory 15" but I'll be running 8" wide. I'll include pics of the car now, before adjusting the coilovers and before running 15". I'll update the thread once I get the new 15" wheels. I paid an extra $100 to get them custom drilled to 4x108. So any help to lower the coils some more would be nice, the rear are easy to adjust its the spring that comes with a compressor tool or whatever.. just the fronts that i don't know exactly how to adjust i understand one of the screws unlocks and then the other you have to screw left or right to adjust but im not sure what way lowers and what way raises lol if anyone has any input i'd appreciate it!

Attachments

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Get your wheel/tire assemblies installed before you set your ride height.....I'd for sure install gronments around the hard brake lines...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes it is. I thought I had adjusted them to max i wasn't sure if setting the screws all the way to the bottom would set them to highest setting or lowest, you're saying they're seated to as low as they can go or as high as they can go??

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks like you’re at your limit. Could get different coilovers or bags to go extremely low, but that’s more $$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can't wait to see how much wheel gap i'll have once the 15s come in then... racelands don't go as low as i expected. yet on my old miata had racelands that would be able to tuck nicely.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what brand coilovers do you guys recommend to tuck nicely with 15s.. bags are out of my price range unfortunately. i bought racelands, cause for 300 im not gonna lie they do change the look of your car with that ride height adjusted but i like the tuck look just i didn't want to go 18s, I've always been told cars are manufactured to certain things being a certain way and when you increase rim and tire diameter everything changes tachometer, how many revolutions your tire does, how much power is taken from the tranny/engine to move the larger diameter.. i decided to go 15s to go back stock and well it should look lower with 2" diameter difference am i right?

·
Registered
49 Posts
It all comes down to weight and tire diameter. But the speedometer can be corrected through tuning. Some good brands include ksport, H&R, and Megan racing if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
15x8 & what size tire? I'd bet that wheel is going to weight 22-25 lbs & then a 15'' tire that'll fit a 8'' wide wheel....Yea you could throw a 5.20 x 15 for a stretch look then might as well go w/ Daytons....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
quick question/idea

question can i remove the bottom spring marked below and just run the main spring? to compress the whole assembly and give it some more low? the whole thing is just two springs put together and separated by two black plastics.. i basically put the whole shock and spring together when they came in, i was thinking just removing the bottom spring maybe that'll work right?

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rims

rims came in today! looking forward to getting them installed with brand new toyo proxes tomorrow! will upload pics after adjusting coilovers, might remove the helper springs to lower some more

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts