Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Anyone that has firsthand experience with Raceland coilovers please chime in.

Raceland coilovers ..... GOOD or BAD?

Thank you!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should have mentioned that this is for a DD... no racing, just want to put it on the deck... too much wheel well gap.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have spent some time today looking into these coilovers, and I know they are budget entry level type at best. Anyone that has ever ran them on their car feel free to chime in. I don't need to be reminded that they are cheap, or to save up for a better option. This is just for a cheap daily driver to get it down for a better look. If they last 2 years then that is great, because in 2 years I most likely will not have the car. Thanks!!!

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
I don't have them but other members that have don't seem to complain about them. Give them a shot. Are you looking at dropping more than 2 inches I'm guessing. Could be kinda harsh for a DD.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate your input. I live in South Florida, so the roads are really straight and smooth. I am no stranger to harsh rides... I built a 1968 F100 lowrider that I drove for years, and I ride a lowered Harley softail too. I like the look over comfort.

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
A few users have had them for DD on here. Not one of them complained...

Try general car chat or you gen focus section for more looks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good enough. I will give them a shot soon. I want to be low, and my budget is low... happy medium. I appreciate the input. I am by no means looking to go all out like some of you guys... there are some awesome rides on this forum... just want a clean looking DD. Have a great Friday everyone!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Go for a alignment afterwards. How low do those go? Have you checked out H&R sport cup's? 2.6''

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They adjust from 1 - 3" below stock. I have not looked into them... I will though. Thanks. I saw a guys car that had 2000 16" Mercury Cougar wheels on it. They looked pretty sweet, but people that sell used OEM wheels are crazy with prices. You can buy aftermarket wheels with any backspacing you want for about the same money. I'm on a tight budget for this car.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I've been looking into Racelands too, and their website says $370. Am I missing something here as to why these are $600 (or more) cheaper than something like KSports?

I want to do the suspension right the first time, and dont mind taking longer to get coilovers if it means a better product, but when these lower upto 3" it makes me wander why they are so much cheapers.

These are the ones I am talking about : http://www.racelandus.com/coilovers/ford-coilover-kits/ford-focus-coilovers.html

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
There are a few that are running those, I'd be leary of them thou. Have you checked out H&R's or ST's. I'd run the ST's over any of those as they are galvanzing housinged K/W v1's.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
So what are the problems for why people don't like to go with these coilovers?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts