Focus Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. i raced a blue svt focus on october 2nd ( thursday) at 3:25 or so. in whiteoak . california. just wanted to know if he is a member here, i was gonna ask him a question!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i raced an SVT once i took him off the line and through 2nd but after that it was a sad story

·
Registered
712 Posts
I say that cause whenever I race a ZX3 they take me off the line pretty good, but I catch up and past pretty damn quick. Usually by the time I am shifting to second I am even and after that I am gone.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i dunno man svts stay in 1st for so long thats why i take them through 2nd

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Infra3sv said:
What kind of car you drive doggy?
i drive a 1998 nissan maxima se with 25k miles. automatic transmission and fully stock. i had 2 other passengers in my car ( total 3) and he had 1 passenger ( 2 people in his car total) at the time we raced.

I thought i would lose to him but all thru the race, no1 gained an inch on the other. race was absolutly a tie. we were only able to keep up with each other. im amazed how my car performed against a SVT light weight focus. thats why i posted here because i want to know if his car was automatic or manual. i think svt focus comes only manual.

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
yeah but remember you've got that stunning 3.0 litre V6 engine, what they say is the best V6 engine in the world right? Or close to it. The SVT is just not made with that kinda pulling power even though it weighs less.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sydneyzetec said:
yeah but remember you've got that stunning 3.0 litre V6 engine, what they say is the best V6 engine in the world right? Or close to it. The SVT is just not made with that kinda pulling power even though it weighs less.
He had the 2 door focus. And no. my engine is not the best in the world. Its officially listed as top 10 best V6 engines EVER made. It has won that title 3-4 years in a row but its still not the best engine lol( i wish it was). As far as numbers go. my engine is pulling 190 hp by 205 torque and the svt focus has 170hp by 145 torque, which is pretty darn good for its size. the svt focus weights about 250 pounds less than me. Im sure having passengers in his car will make him much slower than me because my car has the torque but his engine doesnt have that much torque. so i think if he didnt have the passenger, the race results would be a little different. You agree some what?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.