Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm sure you guys already know the out come of this race but, I didn't race thinking I was going to win I wanted to see what kind of pick up the RX8 had. It wasn't from a dead stop either. He started behind me on an on ramp to the freeway (if you want to call two lanes going south and two going north a freeway, it is in minot ND though lol) I knew he was going to try and race me because he rode my ass all the way to the freeway enterance. As soon as I got the the middle of the ramp I punched it and ran through the gears. I was feelin pretty good about myself. Then I looked in the rear view and didn't see him, I figured out a second later why, his ass flew by me like I was standing still! He slowed back down and I caught uo to him I was going to give him the thumbs up but he wouldn't look over at me, he was trying to be cool I guess. He kept trying to get me to go again from a 70 mph start so I said ***** it, and dropped it into 4th. At first I hung, I'm sure he was playing with me because a second later he just took off. Man those things are fast!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea but it's got the rotory engine, displacement is a little differnt I think.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's turboed right?

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Oh I think we will see that little monster with a turbo eventually... and then guys will be spinning them to 10,000 rpms plus...woohoo... I love rotaries,, BTW I would have raced him , too

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
That's weird.
I smoked an RX8 the other like it was standing still.....oh wait...it was parked and standing still.

Anyone hear about the Mazda 5/Miata ?
I just seen it on Fear Factor Monday.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone know the RX8's numbers right off the top of their head? Poor Focus, got smoked. I think the guy thought I was one of those punks who think their car can beat anyone, and that wasn't the case, just wanted to have some fun. Don't even think the SVT could hang with that sucker

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
my rx8 is in my tool box, but off my head they run 14.2-14.6 stock in the 1/4 and 0-60 in 5.9-6.2 as for the other stats, dun member

·
Registered
875 Posts
smoknzx3 said:
Anyone know the RX8's numbers right off the top of their head?
255hp/160lb. ft. naturally aspirated 1.3L RENESIS rotary engine

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That thing was pulling hard enough for 14.6 1/4 that's for sure. So I might as well raced a stang GT ? I wounder how that race would end up? Stang vers RX8? Man to keep up with that thing I would need major work!

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
new stang gt would have handed you your as even more, even if it was a conv. automatic it would be sitting right next to the rx-8 as your fall back. don't need major work, 15-1800 in mods and a little bit of weight off.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What mods do you think would give me that kind of power? I got a Volant and Magnaflow CAT back. After a header and flex pipe what else would give me that power short of turbo or super charging

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
all bolt ons+cams will be damn close where he would barely pull...add some head and fuel...and then you stay right next to him n/a...but at that time i think the trans would need a break so upgrade the clutch/diff.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow that's pretty good for bolt ons, I'm not sure about the CAMS, don't know enough about them to instal it my self. I've pulled the head off my Tempo but that didn'y have an over head CAM. It would be cool to race him again and then stay with him this time. hehehe.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts