·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy of mine at school, his mods:

Intake
Greddy Evolution Exhaust
Front Tower brace and sway bars

We were cruising along going to GNC, when we kind of made eye contact, as we were driving next to each other. We each had one other person in our cars, and of course, that is a bigger disadvantage for the Focus because it relies on light weight.

At about 35 mph we hit it, as we had a long stretch of open road ahead of us. Now, his car is a tiptronic automatic, so I got the jump on him. It wasnt, however, a very big jump. So we both had it pegged, and to my surprise we stayed dead even with each other until 90mph, where we both shut down. I must say I was very impressed with how the my Focus hung with the obviously more powerful car.

Once again my zx3 never ceases to amaze me.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
You don't live your life a quarter mile at a time, do you? LOL.

Cool. Nice job.

·
Registered
24 Posts
nice, i raced a rsx type s and beat it through every gear....i'll have to hit up a is300 now. what mods do you have?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Yeah i am very curious. I thought they had Supra Engines in them? Whats going on here, what mods do you have ???[???:)] I know a kid thats getting one, and he thinks hes all that. Maybe I can take him?

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only mods my car has is an intake and UDP.

However, for some reason my car is just alittle quicker from the factory, I raced other zx3's when I was stock and could beat them by a few cars, maybe its just got alittle extra juice from the factory? I dont know.

The IS300 is pretty heavy I believe and doesnt have that big of an engine anyway.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
The IS300s are sporty because they're coupes. They're a little but slower than the SVT & I think a ZX3 would leave them in the twisties.

·
Registered
798 Posts
The IS300's aren't coupes.

Yes they have the Supra engine BLOCK, different heads though. High 15's 1/4 mile for the ATX

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Infra3sv said:
The IS300s are sporty because they're coupes. They're a little but slower than the SVT & I think a ZX3 would leave them in the twisties.
I agree with you on this, I have raced serveral and beat them at the track. When my SVTF was all stock motor wise except for the exhaust I raced a guy who owned one, we were neck in neck till mid track then I pulled on him. It was a very close race.

I think the IS can be a quick car with a little fine tuning done, its not really that bad of a car. I dont know how much they weigh, Bryan may be right with the IS being a heavy car, that might be its problem.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Its a nice luxury car. I'd sport it if I wanted a luxury car. I think its better than the Mercedes "hot hatch". The one with a supercharger. That thing was lame but luxurious.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
vtecklr said:
nice, i raced a rsx type s and beat it through every gear....i'll have to hit up a is300 now. what mods do you have?
shut up.. your stupid

anyways.. hey black was the is300 baby blue by anychance? i know of one some where around here...

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Yeah i was under the impression that they put up nice numbers? i thought u get what you pay for ???? I heard quattro's are slow ass POS too from a guy at work that owns one. Although that it does have all that luxary bullshizzle in there too. I am just content that it is possible for me to beat the assclown thats talking shit about his new Lex IS300. Even though hes 18 yo. How can he even afford one?[8] Sorry I am just ranting pay no attention to me[bash]

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
A Quattro? My friend has a TT180 awd & I always get a good look at his nice rounded rear when we race. If we go from a punch I can take him. The 225 is faster.
Audi recently changed the TT lineup there's
TT 180 FWD 1.8 (1st fwd TT)
TT 225 AWD 1.8 L turbo (like previous years)
TT 250 AWD 3.2 L V6 , Its about as fast as a 2002 Cobra

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
fokuz- The IS300 is yellow, it is owned by a friend of mine here at school.

SimplyDomestic- It's easy to afford an IS300 when mommy and daddy like to spend alot on their son.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
BlkZX3 said:
It's easy to afford an IS300 when mommy and daddy like to spend alot on their son. [/B]
sounds like everyone i went to school w/[limp]

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
he already went through a civic and a GSR Teg. Blown both engines. every year hes drivin hes been through an engine. Mommy does payfor it though, thats for sure. he thinks hes the shit cuz hes getting one. I really wanna put him to shame with the Focus..... Ehhhhh oh well. As far as my friends Quattro, he just bitches about it being big, heavy and a peice of shit after the first 5000 miles. Hes not happy with its performance. In fact he was beaten by coworker's gt probe. Its a messed up situation here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.