Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Did the snorkel delete and the K&N drop in filter, Thrusher to replace the stock muffler. And it sounds awsome.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like white myself. Car looks good though, congrats!

I used to be a red car guy. Once I bought an 1992 MR2 turbo off the showroom floor brand new, and bright red. Loved that car, but I quickly starting calling the color "arrest me red" haha.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea ive learned they watch you more in red. 2 tickets later.... my blue zx3 always got away with it lol...

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
I've gotten 6 tickets in my Race Red. I've definitely noticed I can't get away with what I used to be able too. I made the mistake of adding an exhaust system to mine and blacking out some of the body pieces. I feel like I have a huge target painted on me now, hence why I no longer speed unless its at a track.

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
Race red on the new Focus looks great indeed.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Red cars divert attention from gray cars. (Thank you.)

Clearly it is the best color to attract attention (including the unwanted kind).

My car is gray because I prefer to be more stealth.
Ditto. I love looking at other people's cars painted bright colors but prefer driving something less noticeable myself. You wouldn't see an F-18 in combat painted like the Blue Angels.

On the other hand, gray requires super defensive driving skills. Our gray cars are almost as invisible to distracted drivers as motorcycles are. Somtimes attracting attention is good.

For a few years I remember seeing fire trucks being changed from red to white or yellow, but lately they're all back to red. Is that just from tradition, or do red cars get run into less often than other colors?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts