Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how hard and long is it to install race headers on a 2000 focus?
also, is it possible to install a high flow cat somewhere if i take my car to a muffler shop?
i want to be able to pass inspection
thanks a lot

·
Registered
347 Posts
Header shouldn't be too bad. But here are your choices about the cat. Either get a shorty and hi-fow cat or buy the race header like me and just switch back to the stock manifold and cat for inspection time.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
zx3foci2000 said:
how hard and long is it to install race headers on a 2000 focus?
also, is it possible to install a high flow cat somewhere if i take my car to a muffler shop?
i want to be able to pass inspection
thanks a lot
It is a federal crime to remove a factory cat, even if replacing it with a new cat in another spot. Any shop with any balls will tell you they won't touch your car.

Even perfromance shops will have you sign a waiver.

Its like a $ 25,000 fine in NJ I believe.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I would suggest that if you are not gonna do it yourself, you should just go with the shorty and hi-flo cat, I would do the random tech one, it seems to be the best. I was gonna do the race header too but, I am basically lazy and don't want to pull it off every two years when it comes time for emissions.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
focaltech is correct to a certain degree. Replacing the factory cat for the Fed's purpose is considered a violation I believe provided your car is less than 5 years old or less than 50M miles..something like that. If you are concerned about that and want more info I believe Random Technology has something on their web site which explains it in detail. There is also something about if it is damaged.

·
Registered
75 Posts
yeah laws suck last time i went street racing we got busted and the cops started to inspect are cars to make sure we had are cats,we wernt to low, headlights and other shit. thank god i didnt have my raceheader on yet

1 - 8 of 8 Posts