Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if i go with a race header, I will not need a high flow cat or flex pipe????It will be a direct bolt on to my magnaflow catback???

·
Registered
347 Posts
If you get a race header you will not need a high flow cat but you will need a flex-pipe. Then it will directly bolt on to your magnaflow after the flex pipe.

·
Registered
46 Posts
your race header will eliminate the cat completely...you do not NEED a flex pipe...the header will bolt directly into your stock flex...though i believe it is much better to get the larger diameter flex...just to be on the safe side...remember...your exhaust is only as good as the smallest part

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Stock exhaust is made up of 4 parts:

Manifold--Catalytic converter--Flexpipe--Cat back

Using a race header replaces the manifold and the cat, upgrading to a larger flex is a good idea but is not required.

·
Registered
219 Posts
what about a shorty header? I've heard that those are better in the lower rpm/speed range (which is all I need for everyday driving.) Which parts do you need to have, and which are eliminated? Also, I think Maine has adopted Califonia's emissions standards, so I'd need to be legal.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
With the shorty header nothing is eliminated except the stock exhaust.

shorty header goes like this: shorty header, hi flow cat converter,flex pipe,catback.

·
Registered
793 Posts
the shorty header replaces the stock manifold and it bolts to the stock cat or u can get a high flow!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts