Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what is the difference between the 4-2-1 Race header offered by Focus Central and the 4-1 Race header offered by Focussport or is there even a difference?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
the layout, primary size and design, welds, power curve.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
then what is the difference between the two in relation to their power curve

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well being illegal or legal is of no issue to me, what i'm wondering is what the actual difference in terms of their performance and for what application each header is best suited

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
(like i stated earlier i don't care about the legalities) it seems that noone here can answer my original question about the power curve difference...*sigh*

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
4-1 is best for midrange hp and top end hp, and 4-2-1 is better for low end power and tq. but still makes good power throughout the powerband, for a car with bolt ons, i'd choose the 4-2-1

i would have posted this before but forgot about this thread and didn't see it on the active list.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
the more exhaust flow the more your torque curve moves to lower rpms, shorty headers + cat will give u more mid range power if im not mistaken. if i am Ed u better correct my arse

·
Registered
84 Posts
4-1 offers good top end, 4-2-1 offers a little more midrange with almost as much top end...The differences are VERY SLIGHT though...

·
Registered
793 Posts
So how is the 4-1 illegal if it still uses the cat and 02 sensor???

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
00focus said:
So how is the 4-1 illegal if it still uses the cat and 02 sensor???
because its moved from the stock location and will fail visual

·
Registered
793 Posts
in De they dont do visuals so as long as it passes emissions im straight

1 - 16 of 16 Posts