Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ready to install my OBX race header and am positive i can do it, but i dont like doing it without some sort of instructions as a back-up, i checked the HOW-TO and didnt find one, maybe i just looked over it or something, does anyone know where i can find instructions on how to do this?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Take old header off.Put new header on.It's not like you're puttin a clutch in... sorry, hate to be so blunt.Just be careful of the O2's and egr tube and you will be fine.Don't strip the header bolts either.Take your time and start them all before you tighten any of them.Glue your header gasket to the new header with some super weatherstrip adhesive so you don't have to try and line that up at the same time.Remember to retorque your header bolts after running it for 15 minutes and then again after 30 minutes,letting it cool down inbetween.Pain in the ass,but it's better than blowing out your new gasket.Don't strip the egr tube either.Take your time and don't force anything,unless you really have to...(that's me)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i knew that was what i was going to do but i always like to have something to look at, so i by some chance i do screw up, i know why

1 - 3 of 3 Posts