Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the race headers come with all of the bungs for the O2 sensors but if I install one, will I end up having a check engine light all of the time or will I have to use an O2 cheater? Do I have to use the cheater on all of the O2 sensors? Will I end up with an engine code or CE light when I re-install the stock exhaust mani and cat for emissions? Making final decisions so I can run it all past the wifey. Thanks

·
Registered
291 Posts
well i put race headers on my focus and yeah the engine light did come on and i have yet to get an o2 cheater. Just kinda lazy on that part. But if its not a problem for you to pull off the headers everytime you get your emmisions done then its an awsome mod (having friends that own an inspection place is always nice too). After i put on the header and exhaust I noticed a humungous difference.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a nice chip for the ATX but I will be getting the Ford Chip after I put Cams in the motor.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
just a thought, when u get ur ford chip cant they burn it so u dont need the o2 sensor? i know u can with diablo and the other chips

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will have to check on that. Wouldn't that create a problem with passing emissions when I re-install the stock Exhaust mani and cat?

·
Registered
123 Posts
im plannin on doin the race headers as a future mod this summer and i wanted to know if i got the o2 cheater will i pass emissions or will it just take the check engine light off and give a funky reading with the emissions causing me to fail,btw i know jack about emissions stuff so i know its prolly a dumb question but i wantd to ask.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It just takes the check engine light off. You CANNOT pass emissions with a race header, ther is no CAT! If you go with a Race header, you will have to remove it before emissions testing and install the stock exhaust mani and cat. Remember to remove the O2 cheater too.

Not a dumb question at all.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
what about the egr.I have read that some race headers come with out a place for the egr.Is this somthing you would whant to stear clear of, or is this a small thing that you can do with out.The one i got from fc has a place for the egr valve.Just checking for a friend and curiosity.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the race header, but my o2 cheater is not working. The first one worked for a week and then the engine light stayed on ever since. I even put a new o2 cheater on and I had the same effect. Does the check engine light cause the car to run with less power????

·
Registered
36 Posts
i have heard of stories like, "my friend's car passed emissions with a race header". has anyone out there had any success with it? i doubt my car will pass, but i was going to try it first before i put the stock header and cat back on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts