Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok i just a got the cat in the mail, so i removed the old one and installed the new, when i was done the front of the cat where it bolts up the header it fine but at the back of the pan its touching ever some much. It dosn't rattle or nothin when the cars on. Would this be ok for the oil and could it be my flex connect needs replacing. thx

·
Registered
438 Posts
hey, just out of curiousity, mine is on its way in the mail. How long did it take you to do this, and was there any pains involved. Just curious cause i want to get in as fast as possible to install the chip right after, haha.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I wasn't able to hook mine up without having someone bend the header down a little. It fixed the problems of the oil pan touching the O2 sensor, and the high flow cat touching the oil pan. It'll rattle eventually if you don't get about a quater inch clearance in there.

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
no it doesn't but it fits very closely to the oil pan

·
Registered
723 Posts
I hate to admit it but I couldn't get my cat off. I took it to a shop and they got it done in 20 mins. I realized that even if I could get the bolts undone by my header, I'd never get the bolts that connect to the flex pipe.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
ya i had the same prob on my zx3. im just gonna cut em off and drill em out lol

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
MVent said:
I hate to admit it but I couldn't get my cat off. I took it to a shop and they got it done in 20 mins. I realized that even if I could get the bolts undone by my header, I'd never get the bolts that connect to the flex pipe.
I came to the same realization after taking a peek at the rusted ass bolts. Best $30 ever spent having a shop put my high flow cat on my car.

·
Registered
723 Posts
/\/\ Exactly, my bolts were rusted too. I messed with them for over an hour and couldn't get them to budge. I got frustrated and took it to a shop.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I had the same problem - if you have a descent internet connection, check out this thread for what I did.

http://focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81723

That was after a good, brand spanking new Jet Hot coating too. Once it all made sense to me that the header was sprung, I remembered that there was one, just one time in the past where I ran it up on one of those cement parking stop things in parking lots. It must have been that one time that sprung the dang thing. Anyway, I was able to safely unspring the thing. Good Luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts