Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

It's a sad week for me, I crashed my Focus in a electrical pole last week, I fell unconscious for a fraction of a second and hit a pole at approx 60km/h.

The car is a full loss, and I will get a new SE 2015 for free.
Here some pictures of before, after, and near future.

The 2015 is already waiting for me at the dealership, I just need the approval from the doctor to regain the right to drive a car...

I am left with a crack in my sternum and a sh1t load of pain + all sort of test for my heart because I felt unconscious...

Thanks and sorry for my bad English.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Wow good to know you are ok even tho you are not in great shape...

Repose-toi bien / take care!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wow! Get well soon.

I like your bronze 18s, at least you can re-use them on your new focus.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Btw, just noticed front airbag (steering) didn't deploy on a frontal crash...what the hell??

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yeah what's up with the driver side airbag? The side bags and knee bag went off okay.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Btw, just noticed front airbag (steering) didn't deploy on a frontal crash...what the hell??
Yes that was the first question I asked, I got told that there is a lot of sensor controlling the airbags, there is also 2 speed for the ejection of the steering airbag. And to tell the truth I am pretty sure it would of been worst if the airbag deploy in my face, the belt did her job even is it crack my sternum...

Sorry again for my shitty english.

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
There is no reason at all for the passenger side airbag to deploy with a front crash...
He meant the side curtain airbag deployed.

Something is wrong here. That is catastrophic front end damage and the steering wheel airbag did not deploy?

EDIT: I see he fell unconscious before the wreck but still, the G forces were huge.

·
Registered
151 Posts
No, he said he fell unconscious. Ie, there's something else going on with him. He lost consciousness and this happened as a result.
My FIL did the exact same thing a couple years ago while driving a semi. He ran into an electric transmission line, took out power for the northern half of Wyoming for a while and discovered he had a heart condition...

·
Registered
321 Posts
You know....there is a much easier and less painful way of getting a 2015 model. Ever heard of a trade-in? Just kidding! [:)] Glad you made it out alive. Ket well soon.

Hi,

It's a sad week for me, I crashed my Focus in a electrical pole last week, I fell unconscious for a fraction of a second and hit a pole at approx 60km/h.

The car is a full loss, and I will get a new SE 2015 for free.
Here some pictures of before, after, and near future.

The 2015 is already waiting for me at the dealership, I just need the approval from the doctor to regain the right to drive a car...

I am left with a crack in my sternum and a sh1t load of pain + all sort of test for my heart because I felt unconscious...

Thanks and sorry for my bad English.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Glad you are no worse for wear... Get well soon. See if they can throw some fog lights on that focus.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Wow, glad to read your doing ok, get well soon, & enjoy your new foci.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
I'm glad that you're safe, but dang, they're giving you enough to buy a new car outright for freeee!?
Cue many focus fanatics crashing their focus in 3...2...1...[drummer]

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Impacts with a pole or tree are very hard for a car's airbag system to deploy for since it's such a small area of impact. Not all the sensors feel the full impact and think it's just a minor crash. Furthermore, by the looks of the car, it hit on the PS and probably swung around the pole lessening the force of the impact. I'm just guessing at this but considering the the OP only suffered minor injuries, the airbag was largely unnecessary and may have made the situation worse if it had deployed.

BTW. Glad your alright, it could have been a lot worse. Get well and I hope you can figure out what happened so you can move on with your life. At least your getting a nice, new car out of it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts