Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is another Focus wreck thread, seems to be a lot lately.

Halloween night a driver behind me on the highway didn't notice that traffic was slowing down and plowed right into me going about 75mph.

My girlfriend and I walked away with just a little soreness for a couple days. I was surprised how well my focus took the impact. The exterior damage doesn't look too bad, but the frame was completely warped after the accident.

The car was totalled, but now I have a CD Silver '04 ZTS to play with. I'll be sure to post pics soon!

Attachments

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
glad to hear your both ok :) thats the first thing that counts but I have to ask cuz if I don't someone else will LOL... wheres your old car now ?!?!?!?

by the wrinkling of the quarts in FRONT of the rear tire I'm shocked your driver door opened ( if it did, you didn't say) and your right tho to the naked eye that car looks repairable but to a person who's worked with body shops that cars a mess on the underside

and Post pics of the new one :D

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Dun forget about poor klodkrawler05's red Foci in Michigan and Cewades foci x.x

·
Registered
124 Posts
Glad to hear the two of you are okay. Sad to see another Zx3 go but that is what scares me the most is some idiot smashing my car I would probably go ballistic on the guy

[driving] Bang [nono] [boxface] [chair] [gunfire]

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
ouch :-\ glad you guys are ok

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the insurance company took possesion of my car (after i went to their lot and took back my clear corners, interior neons, etc...) but they cut me a pretty nice check, enough to pay for the new focus outright. I'm glad I kept it in the family and got another focus.

Feral: the drivers side door opened and closed after a few tries, with a lot of force. the entire drivers side of the car was crunched forward.

Any ideas for some starter mods? I haven't had any experience with a pre '05 focus, a focus sedan, or 5spd for that matter...

Thinking about some nite shade on the tails....I like how that looks on silver cars.

I'm going out to take pics of the new car right now...

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Feral: the drivers side door opened and closed after a few tries, with a lot of force. the entire drivers side of the car was crunched forward. .
I figured as much by the pictures and im still glad you both walked away from it

XD well im gunna get someone to do a photochop of my wagon when i get time with tint and blacked out lights :) but keeping the car a facory harvest gold.. and maybe one with a PRO-DTM bodykit

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok here's the new ride!

The only problem is a small hole in the rear bumper. The dealership had some duct tape over it, which is still there til i figure out another solution. I plan on de-badging the trunk this weekend.....gotta start somewhere!

Attachments

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
shame about the old fofo =/ and i hope the sedans a 2.3L

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Ok here's the new ride!

The only problem is a small hole in the rear bumper. The dealership had some duct tape over it, which is still there til i figure out another solution. I plan on de-badging the trunk this weekend.....gotta start somewhere!
SWEEEEET Ride nice and clean and DANG you got the headlights I'm dieing to get my hands on ( need that style for my theme [headbang] )
if you ever get rid of those Ill be all over those like butter on popcorn

P.S. im gunna borrow that picture as an example for a WTB add :)

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
you bought it with a hole in the bumper? i would have asked them to fix it before selling... but either way its a great ride... enjoy!

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
LOl don;t go there on what people buy with damage XD

if I were to list the condition of wagon 2 you would hurl lol I would be happy if wagon 2 just had a hole in the bumper rotfl

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well they were asking $8000 and I talked them down to $6400. Then he wanted to charge some sort of $100 dealer fee and I suggested we should just leave it where it is and that will make up for that hole. I was pretty happy with the deal I was able to get. I got it from a dealer for under the KBB private party value.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts