Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[ffrocks]Last Sunday I got t-boned by a lady who blew threw a stop sign going 35 and didn't even hit the brakes. She admitted that to me. I had the right away with no stop sign. Thankfully no one was hurt. I am especially thankful that my girlfriend was not in the car because the doors ended up being pushed up against both passenger side seats. I had dropped her off 3 minutes after the accident. It happened 4 houses away from hers. As you can see from the pictures my car was super clean with only 67k miles on it. I actually had $300 worth of brakes I was about to get put on the car sitting in my garage. I am glad I am able to send them back. The estimate on my car ended up being $5700 and that was just as it sits. Before tearing it apart. The roof line actually got buckled from the hit. Friday was a sad day for me when the insurance called me with the grim news because I LOVED this car. This was the first car I ever had to put brakes on because I would usually trade in after a year. I had this car for over 3 years with just a few payments left on it. I planned on keeping it and buying a truck because this car was good on gas. Now i am just going to buy a truck. Thought about picking up another SVTF but I have already fixed all the little bugs that occur with these cars and i don't want to do it all over again. Thanks for reading my rant. I will continue to be on FF because this is a GREAT forum. FF and its members have been so helpful to me and saved me a lot of money.
Thanks to everyone.
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
To be honest I was expecting it to look worse, but glad to hear you're okay. That'd be scary.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pictures don't do any justice. It looks way worse in person.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Damn such a clean SVT too. Bummer.

Edit: btw what are your plans for it? Gonna just let the insurance take it?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just have to say insurance is taking care of me. These SVTF with low miles hold their value pretty well. I will not be able to buy my totaled car back. Wish I could. Anything I can get out of it I will. And I have some stuff I have in the garage that I will need to get rid of as well. Anything I can sell will be posted in the BST in the near future.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looked clean dude. I hope they throw the book at her.
She got 3 tickets. She was a real nice lady tho. She was more upset than I was. Sounds kind of sad to say but I am thankful someone like her hit me,not that I ever wanted to get into a car accident. (she had same insurance as me and admitted fault) Much better than a uninsured motorist which would make my claimless insurance go up.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
all things considered, the damage doesnt look THAT bad, unless the unibody was damaged beyond being able to be pulled..

Too bad insurance is taking it...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Sorry for the loss, I even feel agravated, I drive in the NYC everyday and people just don't pay attention at all!

I will take the bumpers if you can pull them off,upper grille, headlights

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Scavengers please lay off the tragedy. If he wants to part it out it will be in the BST forum

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
^^x2. Lovely Focus! Just goes to show that you can do everything right, install Brembos, Sport Cup tires, etc, and still have this sort of thing happen. Thank god your girl friend wasn't aboard. You are going to miss that car! Thanks for sharing. Good luck.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Don't you just hate when those drivers just don't look... Really great car you had. Glad you are safe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts