Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
More pics to come here's a tease though :) Lots to come including some of the mods I have already done.

adding pics of the car as requested the last thing im going to to is clean ,buff, wax , new SVT badge and a new windshield
*(F^CK safelite autoglass and there rockchip repairs,NEVER AGAIN)

Burn and cut

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
That's what it looks like. The reinforced ones. I want to to these to my car but don't feel like hassling all the bolts. Also only have 1 car and need it most daily. Looks good cant wait to see installed pics.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Oh yeah

Talk about tight clearances the Konis are a fatter beefier shock and almost touch the Massive arms when suspension is decompressed.... There is PLENTY of room this suspension is fully compressed

Silverstar ultra bulbs for the Euro tails / 3rd brake light / front turns and hatch light ( the LED's from 42 draft designs were not bright enough for me, now the License plate lights 14.5 volt ROCK!) Ultra compound to try and help the fading paint on the SVT

can you guess whats next.....

·
Registered
194 Posts
Nice...want to see more.

·
ninja lurker status
23,126 Posts
nice. i want to go full poly on mine.. just don't have space/time.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
quick update got the Eibach bars, installed the 25mm rear bar and got the rear suspension complete next weekend moving on to revamp the front suspension

·
ninja lurker status
23,126 Posts
nice i want to upgrade my sways..

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So this weekend I installed new battery cables cause I kept having the car shut off at random and all sorts of flickering/ gauges going haywire upon inspection of the old wires the were corroded and green ( Ive already done the alternator pigtail,adjusted the Headlight dimmer switch and checked all grounds) will be adding the BIG 3 soon.... WHAT A BITCH to take out and put on new ones and I even had the Cat completely removed.

I pulled out the Front lower control arms so the rubbers can be burned out for the poly to be put in. I also noticed that all of the wiring split loom is just disintegrating so I'm going to refresh that aswell so I don't have wiring harness problems later down the road and the SVT clutch line "going to the bleeder" there is about 6 inches of rubber hydraulic line that the casing looks to be dry rotted but no leaking yet.....I just hope it lasts till the clutch goes out anyone else have this problem?

All these old parts will be for sale parts have around 95k on them and all in good working order. So if you want something just PM me when I get caught up ill update the F/S thread,The stock SVT swaybars will have NEW poly bushings (Front 20mm +21mm mounts, Rear 22mm/endlinks Rear) since I got Eibach bars and they already came with poly

Out with the old

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ill get one on Thursday when I go back to work on it.... its up on Jack stands though

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
car pics added to the first post..

So I was sick hacking up loogies all this weekend but got the Front control arms done all I can say is what a Bi^ch, added the Moog HD ball joints, I did bork one of the rivet holes a little with the drill but not to bad. tightened these down to 60 Ft. Lb. and no movement ill check them after I run them maybe ill drill bigger holes and get fatter bolts to hold the ball joint on the arm if its an issue.

I also painted the arms waited 8 hours... put on last coat on and they started to orange peel..... oh well ill sand them down next time i do ball joints and do a better job I should have let them sit for a full 24 hours without jacking with them.

I would have had the front struts done as-well but forgot to buy the dust boot HOLDER!...

The next 2 to 3 weekends are a big push to get this car back on the road being that I need to return the rental car. Mods will continue in this thread though

·
ninja lurker status
23,126 Posts
how hard was it to press those in?
i'm gonna be getting a 12 ton (or 20 ton) shop press

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The small ones went in by hand and the center collar with a rubber mallet the big ones went in like butter with the press just lube it real good.....a second set of hands helps, but I did it by myself " I got the 20 Ton from Harbor Freight" they have it on sale right now for $159

1 - 20 of 113 Posts