Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body know a really quiet muffler. I'm running a F2 header with a stock exhaust with no lunch box and it's pretty loud. I have a PZEV so I still have one cat.

·
Super Moderator
9,559 Posts
Do you have a resonator in the mid section? I am guessing that you're still running the stock exhaust? You can always add a 16-20" resonator in the mid-section to quiet it down. If you don't want to go that route, you can always order the FSWerks Stealth kit. That will definitely quiet down that note.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'll give you my lunchbox for your lunchbox delete. [:D]

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the stock PZEV exhaust so I think it still has a cat in it. I read somewhere someone said it's the pipe size difference that causes the raspy sound, any body heard of that? I was thinking about adding a super turbo where the stock lunchbox is and maybe delte the front cat and add a large resonator in there.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay so I had a new exhaust made today. Its the header to the stock PZEV exhaust. Then from the second muffler back is 2.5" piping with a Magnaflow in the lunchbox site. Its as quiet as stock, maybe a touch deeper. Just what I wanted. Video to follow.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Sounds great Willy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts