Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all. Interested in eventually getting a cat-back system for any performance increase but not wanting something overly loud.

Was thinking about something like the Fswerks Stealth + Fswerks muffler and maybe adding a 2nd muffler in the factory location? Or would that negate any possible performance boost?

https://www.fswerks.com/collections/focus-tivct/products/fswerks-stealth-performance-exhaust-pipe-ford-focus-2-0l-tivct-sedan

https://www.fswerks.com/collections/focus-tivct/products/fswerks-2-5-stainless-steel-muffler-ford-focus-12-17

·
Registered
99 Posts
For what your trying to do, you may not gain anything at all but if you get the full cat back stealth. Its loud when you stick your foot in it and fairly quiet otherwise, but in reality you would probably be just as well to put a 2.5 muffler on the back of the existing system. It will flow a little better and be a fraction of the cost of that other stuff.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
Two inline muffler would fit, btw........Get two stealth mufflers.......

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you want quietest then the fswerk lineup isn’t it. The quietest catback I’ve had was the magnaflow by far and it was still to quiet for me with my catless header. Don’t get me wrong it sounds great but wasn’t my cup of tea. After that was the ford racing catback which was a little louder and sounded really good too.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you want quietest then the fswerk lineup isn’t it. The quietest catback I’ve had was the magnaflow by far and it was still to quiet for me with my catless header. Don’t get me wrong it sounds great but wasn’t my cup of tea. After that was the ford racing catback which was a little louder and sounded really good too.
Thanks for the input! Only thing I didn't like about the magnaflow is that the tips look integral. Was hoping to keep it looking somewhat stock. But I suppose I could always just cut the tips off.

·
Registered
45 Posts
No 2nd cat, resonator and replacing muffler alone with the stock piping gives you a nice rumble and not exactly quiet so go figure. Id say just get a system and if its too loud you can always add a resonator for cheap. I also daily drive with an exhaust that isnt exactly quiet but its not obnoxious it sounds great and turns head i never get tired of mine. I also do Uber part time and people actually compliment it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts