Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife was hit in the back while driving our 07 ZX5. Nothing major, mostly cosmetic and a little bent metal. Exhaust was ripped down and while rehanging it today I noticed it’s in pretty rough shape with a couple baling wire repairs from rusted hangers. I’d like to get rid of it all and replace with stainless but don’t want it to be loud or drone. I’d like to just get a factory replacement system made from stainless but haven’t found any yet. If performance systems are my only option, who has the quietest and do they need a tune?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
142 Posts
I put a FSwerks Stealth system on my ZX3 because I wanted stainless. It's been a rough winter in Wisconsin and they use a lot of salt.

The stealth is louder than I really like, but I'm living with it for now. I think it sounds ok until the car gets up around 70MPH. If the noise gets to be too much, I'll remove the 2nd "straight through" muffler and put a Moroso Stainless Spiral Flo on it.

Here's another option: 00-07 Ford Focus Exhaust - 2.25 inch Stainless with Magnaflow - TruBendz Technology which might make sense. You could always put a Spiral Flow on it as a second muffler.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks fourspeed for the review. Checking YouTube videos last night I think both will be a little on the loud side, but the car with a rear muffler delete is pretty loud too. I might go for the true bends pipe kit and try to find a non-performance muffler to keep things quiet. I didn’t know they had that option until I checked out the link you sent.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,301 Posts
You could always add another muffler behind the stealth muffler, You'll find there is plenty of room....I'm running two mufflers as well as a resonator.....You'll find my setup in my album profile.

·
Thats What She Said
10,662 Posts
Call up Trubendz they can get you set up with much almost anything.

I am running the 18" Magnaflow Resontator (could run two back to back) and a Borla muffler and its plesent in side the car.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the ideas guys. I’ll call true bends and see what they say. Once I get on a desktop I’ll check out your setup, Felix, can’t seem to find it on the mobile site right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts