Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Anyone know or have a quiet aftermartket exhaust if there is of any that also gives some good performance, I do alot of hwy driving , dont want to rip it off after 20 min of driving.thanks[headbang]

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Depends on what your definition of a "quiet" exhaust is. I have a Magnaflow and I think it's pretty quiet for being aftermarket...the only time it's really loud is above 6k rpm's, which doesn't happen a ton. Trubendz says the Magnaflow is the quietest aftermarket exhaust they sell. Anytime you take your stock exhaust on and put something that's designed for power on, it's inherently gonna be louder...and the Magnaflow does improve your power--if you have a CAI it gives you back part of your lower end torque. If you're looking for quiet my vote is Magnaflow.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Oh yeah, I forgot about that...that's probably pretty quiet. But don't forget about quality too. Ha, you'd think I was a Magnaflow salesman, but Magnaflow puts an anti-rust matting on the inside of their exhaust--the same one, I believe, that Porsche uses (I read it on an article about their systems once). It comes with a lifetime warranty from what I remember. Focussport only comes with a 1-year I think? I'd have to double-check.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Pacesetter! so many compliments of the tone. post race header that is. Even with the Race header it was barly buzzy

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
I have a Stealth Focus Sport Exaust.... It's so Quiet idling that one time while it was at the shop the car was on, but the mechanic still cranked it.... I was ticked but at the same time I said.... "Oh yeah, it's that quiet." he just said "wow" ---> It's an awesome sleeper. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
my borla was quiet with the stock cat and header, even with the race header and cat it doesnt really get loud and also doesnt sound like a honda

·
Registered
126 Posts
My borla is pretty loud. Not raspy though. FC LTH adn borla flex and catback.
I'm about to add another borla straight through muffler.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
YOu could always put a stock SVT exhaust on her. It would be pretty quiet and flow alot better than the one you have.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I've got a Magnaflow on my SVT - its not super loud, the tone is a little flat but passable. It gets on my nerves cruising on the highway sometimes, especially given I'm not rocking a high power audio setup to beat it down. I suspect that, until about 3500rpm, my SRI is making more noise than the exhaust is. It seems to me like a good compromise, and it screams like a bastard between 5000 and redline.

My only real problem is that most of the time the car is making more noise than power - but that doesnt have much to do with the exhaust [:)]

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I have a full race exhaust (4-1 header, 2.5 flex, 2.5 pipe all the way back) and its quiet as stock, you can only hear the supercharger whine.

I run 2 resonators made into 1, basically. Its a 27in long 6 in diameter magnaflow resonator mated to a 14in long 4 in diameter resonator. Think: the ENTIRE straight section of the exhaust is one big resonator, going into a borla muffler. You cant hear anything from inside the car, and outside its just a few decibels louder than stock.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Either Focussport Stealth or a SVT Borla would be your best bet for a quiet exhaust.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the Focus sport Stealth, and omg, its SUPER quiet, It had a nice sound to it, but I am actually trying to see if there is anyway I can increase the sound just a little bit.

I only have the VOLANT intake, and the Focussport stealth exhause, the rest of the exahaust is stock, maybe upgrading headers would increase a little?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts