Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i neeed an exhaust that will be quiet enough yet deep to go along with my race headers i know the fs stealth but it is so much is there anything else out there

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
honestly, they will all be loud w/o a cat unless u get the stealth!!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
the stealth and the SVT Borla will be the two most quiet exhaust's unless you get an exhaust then get another muffler/resinator and weld it in

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
Another vote for focussport stealth. I cannot tell you how happy I am with mine.

·
Banned
143 Posts
how about taxing the exhaust system off a stock svt? i should perform as well as any other aftermarket cat-back and i would assume it would be pretty quiet. never heard of anyone doing this though... wonder if it would work.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
The SVT header and cat will not bolt up to the stock zetec flex unless you slot the flex bolt holes. But then, the issue arises that the cat is a 2.5 in diameter tube, while the stock zetec flange is 2 in roughly, or the 2.25 in aftermarket flex.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
have you seen how bad it looks when its hooked up?? I mean the header flange is 2.5'' but the stock "midpipe" sucks so bad! even though they bolt on and dont leak it just looks wrong!

Im pretty sure the exhaust flow chokes up pretty bad when these 2 meet

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
If you can modify an SVT Borla to fit a Zetec flex easily you should be able to do the same with an SVT stock catback. Problem is you'll be buying it cut in half so you'll need it welded back together but that isn't too much of an issue if you take it to a muffler shop.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.