Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i neeed an exhaust that will be quiet enough yet deep to go along with my race headers i know the fs stealth but it is so much is there anything else out there

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
honestly, they will all be loud w/o a cat unless u get the stealth!!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
the stealth and the SVT Borla will be the two most quiet exhaust's unless you get an exhaust then get another muffler/resinator and weld it in

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
Another vote for focussport stealth. I cannot tell you how happy I am with mine.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well darn looks like the stealth i dnt really want to shell out the money but it is raspy with stock exhaust

·
Banned
143 Posts
how about taxing the exhaust system off a stock svt? i should perform as well as any other aftermarket cat-back and i would assume it would be pretty quiet. never heard of anyone doing this though... wonder if it would work.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone know if this will it is a pretty good idea

·
Banned
143 Posts
yeah i'd love to know if it works. like if it bolts up to the zetec flex pipe and fits proper. if it does i could pick one up cheap at the wreckers and save myself a bit of cash.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
The SVT header and cat will not bolt up to the stock zetec flex unless you slot the flex bolt holes. But then, the issue arises that the cat is a 2.5 in diameter tube, while the stock zetec flange is 2 in roughly, or the 2.25 in aftermarket flex.

·
Banned
143 Posts
how about if you did it the other way round? i mean like use the stock zetec header and cat but use svt catback. how would that bolt up? and can the svt flex be used?

·
Registered
503 Posts
so what if he got an aftermarket flex as well??

so it would go

Race headers
Aftermarket Flex
Svt from the flex back

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have FC 4-2-1 headers and a 2.5 in flex that is hooked up to my stock exhaust

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
have you seen how bad it looks when its hooked up?? I mean the header flange is 2.5'' but the stock "midpipe" sucks so bad! even though they bolt on and dont leak it just looks wrong!

Im pretty sure the exhaust flow chokes up pretty bad when these 2 meet

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i know that why i want a new one will the svt fit, or is there another besides fs stealth that will be quiet but low

·
Registered
338 Posts
Another vote for the stealth. I love mine. Wasn't that expensive. Get it from Massivespeed. Less expensive than focussport directly and shipping was reasonable.

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
If you can modify an SVT Borla to fit a Zetec flex easily you should be able to do the same with an SVT stock catback. Problem is you'll be buying it cut in half so you'll need it welded back together but that isn't too much of an issue if you take it to a muffler shop.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i think i may make a custom one it willjust take time

1 - 19 of 19 Posts