Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the base fuel map, is it possible to have it be based off of load and RPM vs TP and RPM? I saw a switch for it in the adaptive fuel table but not the base fuel table.

I noticed that my turbo spools very reliably to start making boost around 80% load. It's kinda annoying to be driving along at a given RPM and throttle position, suddenly go up a hill w/o changing anything and be in boost at a very lean AFR.

I figure if its possible to have the base fuel map based on load it would be easier to set my AFRs more reliably. If not, whats the best way to combat this problem?

I'm sure that my MAF is tuned well because my open loop tune was pretty spot on throughout the entire rev range in 1st-5th.

·
FF Affiliate
30,665 Posts
Change your TPS to a lower TPS so if you have to tip in a little it goes to open loop sooner , Its under " open-closed loop TP " you can change the RPM and the TP

If you set it to something like 350 tp it wont change to open loop till about 450 just a heads up , you will have to play with it

Then you can go to your base tables and set the TP air fuel by rpm

Tom

·
Super Moderator
8,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Change your TPS to a lower TPS so if you have to tip in a little it goes to open loop sooner , Its under " open-closed loop TP " you can change the RPM and the TP

If you set it to something like 350 tp it wont change to open loop till about 450 just a heads up , you will have to play with it

Then you can go to your base tables and set the TP air fuel by rpm

Tom
Well that's good to know, I can be at 100% load at around 300TP so I guess I'll set it at 250 and leave the fuel tables alone

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
FF Affiliate
30,665 Posts
You can watch your STFT1 and see it change to closed loop , do a slow tip in watch the tps and see when you switch to OL and that will let you know what your TP to OL is and adjust as needed

Like I said because you set it to tp 350 to go OL it might be 450 before it actually switches so watch the STFT1 to dip or use the PID open loop flag either way to confirm

If you want to shoot me a log I will be glad to look it over and see if I see anything

Tom

·
Super Moderator
8,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can watch your STFT1 and see it change to closed loop , do a slow tip in watch the tps and see when you switch to OL and that will let you know what your TP to OL is and adjust as needed

Like I said because you set it to tp 350 to go OL it might be 450 before it actually switches so watch the STFT1 to dip or use the PID open loop flag either way to confirm

If you want to shoot me a log I will be glad to look it over and see if I see anything

Tom
Tom, you're a gentleman and a scholar. I'll probably just add the PID and do a log sometime later this week. Do you remember the name of the PID by chance? If not, I'll hunt it down and find it.

I'm pretty happy with my tune that I've made myself

1 - 6 of 6 Posts