Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I correct that all SVT Foci came with electric seats to move the bottom cushion up and down?

I'm in a stupid argument on another forum and I'm pretty sure that none of them came with the hand crank found on normal Foci.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Yup just the driver seat. I'm glad though, I don't need 73 way adjustable seats.

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
Wow that is a stupid argument. What possessed you to argue about that? [:D] And yeah, far as I know they all came with a power up/down adjustment on the driver's side only.

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
wow...that place is hostile.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
"Silver MX-5" (the dude you're arguing with on that thread) doesn't know what he is talking about - seems to me he never owned, much less drove, an SVTF.

(1) seat-height crank? (Not!)

(2) reverese lockout? (Not!)

(3) "shake rattle and roll" above 80mph??? (friggin' NOT!!!)

You're right - you got baited into a "stupid argument."

And you need to remind the Ford bashers on that site that that's exactly what they're all driving (well, at least until a week or two ago, when Ford sold off its majority share of Mazda...)

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,978 Posts
^ ROFL... NOT!

yeah maybe he bought 1 of the several zx3 with svt body kit and he thought it was svt [8] [shhh]

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Here's another dead giveaway:
the only switch that felt solid like an imports was the wiper stalk, but then again, i replaced it with the variable intermittent stalk.
Um...I don't know of any SVT that didn't come standard with the intermittent wipers.
It's listed on the window sticker as STANDARD equipment:
PWR MIRRORS/INTRVL WIPERS
^^^Go take a look at OrangeSVTguy's window sticker in this thread:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184949

This guy is obviously delusional and never owned an SVTF.
What an idiot.
I have no idea why he won't admit that he had just the standard model.
^^^Maybe he's lacking in some personal areas? LOL!

I'd nail him on the wiper stalk, and ask him to show a picture of the car.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
^^ Good catch there...

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I'm with WD-40, the first thing that jumped out at me was how he said he had to replace the wiper stalk. The other things that we've already mentioned above tell me that he never really owned an SVT. It could be that he bought a used ZX3 that someone had put some SVT parts on and he thought it was an SVT. You could always bait him further by asking if he thought the rear drum brakes on the SVT were a poor design choice. If he agrees, then you've got him dead to rights.

Of course, all of this only matters if you really want to win an argument with some pompous self-important jerk. You know what they say about arguing on the internet....

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
^^^Maybe he's lacking in some personal areas? LOL!
usually those kinda people own big trucks.......or hats. but not a faster car.... [hihi]

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Yeah it was probably just a normal ZX3.

Ask him if he always went into reverse when he shifted into 6th gear [hihi]

OH yeah... forgot to add...
Silver MX-5 said:
oh, and let's not forget how irritating that reverse shifter lock is.
We don't have one of those either[;)]

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm not defending this idiot at all, but I'm pretty sure he's referring to the knobs on the seats to adjust the back portion. As in, to recline back and you'd have to twist the knob opposed to a lever found in most cars. What you're referring to with the button is just adjusting the height of the seat from the ground.

Edit: If I am mistaken, then My car definitely has a crank =\, and I can't adjust the back of my seat without turning a knob.

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
No he's definitely talking about the seat bottom: he is correct in his description of the cushion not being independently adjustable front/rear. When you adjust the bottom, the front tilts up as the rear lowers, and vice versa. Most cars you can adjust the front to where you like, and the rear to where you like it. But not on the Focus. He is wrong in claiming that the SVT has the manual crank at the front of the seat to do this, however.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts