Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is a stupid question (yeah yeah yeah) but looking for a quick answer. In the picture below (stolen from brown7's post on a how-to, as I forgot to take a picture of it outside)...

The tube w/ the green connector piece, he has it disconnected and it doesn't look like his DIY intake has a place for it. That's my question, what is it and does it hurt to be disconnected?

Trading the Focus in and want to swipe my cosi intake off of it and replace it with an el cheapo and looking to see just how cheaply I can do it while still being functional.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Probably part of the EGR or emissions recirculation.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Its your cam cover vent line. It recirculates all the crappy air from inside the case back through the motor to burn it off. You could either just put a filter on the camshaft cover but it would be best to hook it back up to the intake so that it has a form of suction.

·
Registered
872 Posts
That's the crankcase vent/blowby hose. Unfiltered air (really dumb) is being drawn into the camshaft cover/crankcase when the PCV valve is flowing breather vapors into the intake, it is dumping breather vapors to ambient at other times. When the vent air is flowing into the engine it is also unmetered air......it is bypassing the MAF......may affect the AF.

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah. Don't do. Ok lol Figured that'd be the answer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not to hijack, but I am confused. I just did a DIY CAI on my '07 Focus with the Duractec 20, and I used a 90* bend and some creative engineering to keep the MAF housing pretty much in the stock location. I was told moving the MAF closer to the engine could cause funky issues?!?

If that isn't the case, does that setup run well?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts