Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to know if i put the f2 stage 2 turbo kit on my duratec will i have to change the internals or will i be safe with just the stage 2 kit

·
Registered
798 Posts
Considering most major companies that design S/C's or Turbo systems for vehicles, they are designed around the factory engines typically. Most companies won't sell a "Complete System" with a higher boost or HP/TRQ output that they feel comfortable with. That's not to say that they won't sell a product to increase boost or HP, but that is usually an individual product that is outside of a "kit" that you would buy.

Reason for this is because if a company sold a turbo kit for a stock duratec focus, and it was pushing say around 25 psi and claimed around 350HP. Know I can say for sure that a stock Duratec motor probably won't take too much more than 12PSI without an extra fine tuned program for the cars computer. Still, a great tune can get you real far, but at the same time you have to remember that the pistons, rings and rods weren't designed for that amount of abused.

So needless to say that yes I believe that a Stg. 2 FS turbo kit is safe as long as your tune is on the mark. I recommend their Stg. 2 because it comes with an intercooler which I wouldn't feel comfortable running any F/I without one. Thats just my opinion. It has been proven that you can run without one. So have fun and make a great investment on a FS Stg.2 Turbo Kit!!!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Yup the FS Stage 2 is safe and reliable on stock Duratec internals. Theres a lot of people out there running them, with FocusSports tune. Seems like if you have a Zetec Focus and want it turbo'd you go to Tom, Dura you go to Randy

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
f2 stage 2 on stock internals is debateable.. there are 3 kits out there and one blew a motor.. (granted it was because it was on a bad tune but still)

focussport's kit has been proven reliable time and time again.. i highly suggest it..

·
Registered
149 Posts
id go with focussport... save on stock internals up to 11 psi i think.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool thanks guys so who do i talk to for a tune since tom wont do it this randy person who is that does he have a good system like tom

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
lol randy has some awesome tunes.. he can tune your car remotely just like he did mine.. im in va too, fredericksburg. the car runs great and makes great power. about 250whp and 245wtq at 11psi. also, there are over 75 of their kits out there on the road too. and some have over 50,000 miles on them turbo'd.

the tuning comes with the turbo from focussport and for the life of the kit. when i build my motor, focussport will still tune it for free.. as long as you dont go to radical with things. like has to have 8:1-10:1 pistons, nothing more or less. etc.

id suggest going over to focaljet.com for some more info. they have a special section over there for focussport since they are a sponsor for that site. plus when you buy a turbo/supercharger for a focus from them, you get access to a special section which is awesome especially if you need help with anything or dont understand anything..

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
dont believe so.. dont really know why.. i mean tuning is tuning and you get paid for it so why not.. i think its the principle.. i dunno

·
Registered
656 Posts
cool thanks guys so who do i talk to for a tune since tom wont do it this randy person who is that does he have a good system like tom
Just call up FocusSport and talk to Randy he can answer any question you have.When you buy the FocusSport full kit it includes the tune in the price and Randy is the person from FocusSport that will do the tuning either remotely are on there dyno if your local to them.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Because I will already have a flasher from from by the time I get the turbo.
I think if you already have an X-CAL flasher they will subtract that.Call and ask but you would want Randy to do the tune either way he has the most experience with the Duratec turbo's.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
yeah i believe they subtract the xcal from the turbo kit if you want to use your own.. they can still give you files to load with your current one

1 - 20 of 26 Posts