Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked around and i havent been able to find the answer. What is the part # to the copper core plugs for a n/a engine?

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It didnt say if they were copper core.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This plug is one heat range colder than the factory plug on non-SVT Zetec equipped models. The SVT model uses a colder plug like this one from the factory due to its higher compression ratio but it is platinum instead of copper. This is a superior plug for mild nitrous or force inducted applications on non-SVT models. It can be used on SVT models but will support a lower amount of increase in power due to the SVT's 40hp advantage from the factory. For higher horsepower applications on Zetec engines, our Denso spark plugs will be a better choice.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All the plugs i have found are for forced inductioned engines.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
The AZFS22C plugs will work fine in NA cars as well as FI cars......

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
can someone explain the advantages of different spark plugs and gaps and what the hell does N/A mean in terms of this can i through them on a bone stock engine with the exception of a CAI??? inlightin me please

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Copper is the second best conductor. Silver is the first. So a copper plug provides a much better spark. The better the spark the better the fuel burns which inturn can give a little extra power like .5whp or something and gapping it to .060 will help your idle to be smother. n/a means naturaly asperated so no turbo/supercharger/nitrous.

Reactions: o_so_slo

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
what does it mean to gap tho?

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont know the corrects terms i dont think but ill try and explain it. Its the distance between the electrode (the middle piece) and the little thing that curves over it.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dont want to start another thread, im hoping ill get some answers here. Who is running a .060 gap on the stock wires?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
i am going to run it with a set of 3k mile old FRPP red 9mm wire!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts