Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its finally a nice sunny day here so i was thinking about putting on my new 17's today! Its my first time actually putting on 4 new tires so i was wondering if there was anything i should know or need to do so that i dont screw this up!

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
alignment, just from putting on his new 17's? i find that unnecessary. but whatev. lol

honestly, if they were balanced properly, then there should be no additional work necessary other than simple "remove stock, put on aftermarket" procedure.

post some pics! :)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
the only thing you need to do, is make sure you put them on the *correct* way. Cross torque them (Put on the top lug, then the bottum, then the right, then the left, torque each one in that pattern until each one is firmly on) Makesure you put the rim on while the car is lifted up. If they are lug centric rims, the rim has to be put on with no weight on it(ground), so make sure you do it with the car lifted. If it's hub centric, it wouldn't matter.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks! My sunny day turned to rain so i will have to wait untill the weekend but thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
also, don't forget, that if they are uni-directional tires, make sure they are on the right (proper) side of the car. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts