Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I downloaded the instructions on how to change the manual crank window to power windows and everything looks fine... however I'm just replacing the existing regulator with a new one (the *superstrong* white plastic part that connects glass/rail/steelcables broke). So my problems arose when I tried to disconnect the glass from this white plastic part. How do you do it? There's a cylindrical white plastic connector that appears to be pressure-fitted, however due to the limited visibility I can't tell how to remove it safely (since the new window regulator assembly does not come with this cylindrical connector) I assume that I need to remove this part and recycle it... no? I don't want to have to break out my drill and.... Please help! FYI I know I'm a newbie and I've searched already the forum.... [:D]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Comon people!!! Nobody knows? Hasn't anyone done a window regulator swap already that can give me some tips on this one step? Help!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm facing the same issue...I just ordered a new regulator/motor and I'm debating on whether I should do it myself or have someone install it for me. I already took the door panel off once and removed the foam cover...f'd it up real good and it's torn now but I don't care.

If anyone can tell abot that window that would be great. The new regulator does not have any pin or pressure cylinder so I'm not sure what you saw in your car...mine is a 2001 ZTS rear right door by the way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts