Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The setup where the nitrous feeds into the fuel line prior to the fuel rail, is that called a "wet" set up?

Thanks,

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
If you run 2 solenoids 1 for nitrous and 1 for fuel that is a wet system , if you run 1 solenoid for just nitrous that is a dry system and in my opinion a POS

Tom

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tom and all,

I'm still new to learning about nitrous applications. Any way you can dumb it down so i can be educated?

I've also heard that running the nitrous jet to your intake is not a great way to go. That true, as compared to connecting it to your fuel line?
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
you want a wet system. the inject nitrous along with fuel into the intake. the other has a good chance of running lean and toasting your engine.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry tom, i got what you mean. Solenoid for nitrous and 1 for fuel. The fuel being the piece that keeps the proper a/f when taking the shot (otherwise you would run lean with just nitrous and risk damage).
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
I've also heard that running the nitrous jet to your intake is not a great way to go. That true, as compared to connecting it to your fuel line?
Posted via FF Mobile

No nitrous system ever runs into your fuel line.

Dry System - Nitrous only, no added fuel. 1 Solenoid, 1 Nozzle injected into the intake.

Wet System - Nitrous & Fuel. 2 Solenoids, 1 Nozzle injected into the intake. Much, Much, Much, Much safer as you control the mixture and can avoid lean conditions. The main risk with this setup is fuel pooling from a poor kit / poor installation (and sometimes bad luck).

If this is something you are seriously looking at, also buy a window switch. This allows you to program when the system comes on a shuts off, helping to prevent bad things from happening.

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
Another guy trying to start trouble , why is it its always the fs/fj that have to come over here to stur the pot

You know you dont have a Zetec making 723 HP or even close to it or you would of been here rubbing it in my face ,

You guys need to grow up

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Tom, Dracconixx replied in here providing insight to a nitrous setup, which he has experience with. He did not make any reply trying to stir the pot. You were the one that called him out on his signature, not his reply. Then he simply answered your question in a manner not trying to take the thread off topic, which was noble of him to do. But then you made an anti fs/fj comment based on his side project reply.

From my view, he didn't stir the pot, you did by calling him out and then making accusations.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Another guy trying to start trouble , why is it its always the fs/fj that have to come over here to stur the pot

You know you dont have a Zetec making 723 HP or even close to it or you would of been here rubbing it in my face ,

You guys need to grow up

Tom
First, I would like to apologize to the OP for taking this off topic. I am simply responding to an accusation.

Have you been to my friends shop here in Indiana??? Have you seen his car??? Have you seen any of our setup??? No, for the simple fact that we are keeping the build on the DL and using a lot of one off parts that have been fabricated locally and tuning is still being done. As far as the numbers, did I put that in my sig for a rise, sure, as it does't matter anymore as we have already surpassed that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts