Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new focus doesnt have the sync package so they put the aux input for audio in the glove box. I was under the assumption it would be in the center console. I guess without the sync package they just stick it in the glove box. I use my iPod a lot to listen to music so I found this very annoying. It bothered me to have a cord hanging out of the glove box all the time. Like so:

I was looking for ways to possibly relocate the jack into the center console and came across this kit from best buy.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/iSimple...8068778944&skuId=9252159&st=isimple&cp=1&lp=4

After about an hour of work I got everything all buttoned up and ready to go.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Looks awesome! Funny that they give you a cord notch in your armrest but not your glove box.... where your aux in plug is.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
I have my mount on the vent to the right of the radio so I just have the excess cable wrapped around the mount with about 3 inches hanging free. I'd rather figure out something for the power cable. Good work nonetheless.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looks awesome! Funny that they give you a cord notch in your armrest but not your glove box.... where your aux in plug is.

Posted via FF Mobile
And I have no idea why they put no cord notch in the SEL and Titanium models. I guess they assume you should just leave your phone out of sight in the armrest all the time since Sync does everything, but I still can't see SMS/MMS (iPhone not supported). Why they deleted the cord pass through on those models is beyond me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts