Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the quick clear tech on the front windshield is offered in the UK and I think Canada. Does anyone know if it is on the US version , maybe with winter tech package? Why does ford and "American company", give all the cool options to everyone else. I guess when we get the "euro options" in 10 years, theirs will include an amphibious option.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, well firstly Ford isn't a american company, and hasn't been for some time, it is a worldwide 'global' company. I don't know if your cars have the quickclear, however surely it is easy enough for you to find out using the Ford website, or even google search?
Chris

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Is that just something they put in the windshield to keep it clean? They offer diamond shield stuff at the Ford dealership to help keep bugs and grime off the windshield and to help rain slide off.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Don't quote me on this...but

As I understand it, Quick Clear Winshield is for melting snow/ice quickly off the windshield once the vehicle has been started.

I don't think this is available for US models...again..not too sure on availability...

·
Registered
772 Posts
It's not available on either US or Canadian Focus. The latest (and only in recent years) Ford to have this option was the 2006-2010 Ford Explorer.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Quickclear is not offered in the US.

It is heating elements in the windshield to help defog, melt snow/ice, etc.

Also can interfere with your radar detector, but I guess those are illegal in Canada anyway.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Didn't the Lincoln Town Car have that at one time? I remember seeing some cars that had a mirror-type reflective (almost purplish) front window...

·
Registered
277 Posts
I know Subarus sometimes are available with the glass defrosters on the windscreen down at the bottom to warm up the windshield wipers.

Here it is:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Yes, the old heated windshields had a tint to them, usually purple or amber.

The newer design, as in the '06 Explorer, used very fine heating elements that went top to bottom over the whole windshield.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi, well firstly Ford isn't a american company, and hasn't been for some time, it is a worldwide 'global' company. I don't know if your cars have the quickclear, however surely it is easy enough for you to find out using the Ford website, or even google search?
Chris
Ford is an American multinational auto-maker which transacts and conducts its business world-wide.

Ford is based in Dearborn, MI, USA. Their stock is traded on an American stock exchange (NYSE) under the symbol "F" and Ford is incorporated in the United States.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well look at it this way, the windshield would be much more expensive to replace with the heating elements in it if it ever cracked!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
frankly i don't care if ford is considered an american company or not, nor if the focus is a german, u.s., european car, etc...
someone posting above had a good point.... many options avail on european editions of cars also sold in the usa and canada are not available in n. america...
For those of us in the northern tier of the usa and in canada this type of winshield defrosting would be not only convienent but a safety measure... Far too often i see drivers going around w/o their windshield cleared using only a small 'hole' to see....A regular defroster takes much, much longer to totally clear the windshield than the instant clear types.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Quickclear is not offered in the US.

It is heating elements in the windshield to help defog, melt snow/ice, etc.

Also can interfere with your radar detector, but I guess those are illegal in Canada anyway.
In most of Canada, but not in British Columbia.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts