Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All! Just finished the triple motor mount replacement on the Older Princess' 2007 SES 5-door. (Actually, it's mine, but Daughter is paying back her student loans, so I can't complain too loudly). Anyway, the job was quite simple, given the aid of this YouTube video (
), and took about two hours start to finish. But I digress. I noticed that the mast on her roof-mount antenna is broken off.. Now, before I start fiddling around with it, am I correct in assuming that the base can stay on the roof, unmolested, and the mast part just unscrews? I really don't relish the idea of having to go inside the car to disassemble the whole thing. Anyone?

DW

·
Thats What She Said
10,698 Posts
Yes, but most when they brake off take the threaded stub with them. I am not sure on the 2007, is it the same as the 00-04 Mk1? Looks like it is, you just remove the front dome map light and with a single torque sized bolt remove and replace the base and get a new antenna.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Magus: Looks like the MK1 cars are all pretty much the same. However, as I learned today, whilst scouring the local PAP, the mast gets pretty well seized onto the threaded stud, and becomes a real nightmare to remove without destroying the whole thing. Going to have to think about this for a bit......

DW

·
Thats What She Said
10,698 Posts
Magus: Looks like the MK1 cars are all pretty much the same. However, as I learned today, whilst scouring the local PAP, the mast gets pretty well seized onto the threaded stud, and becomes a real nightmare to remove without destroying the whole thing. Going to have to think about this for a bit......

DW
You can buy the base new for like $15, and the threads and antenna are universal enough that part stores carry universal antenna's and there are other aftermarket "stub" antenna.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts