Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guiys, let me start off by sayign sorry if this is a waste, but i'd rather get it a response from a lot of peopel as opposed to a coupel guys from a store. I just redid my sound system and nwo i am adding a sub, i got a mtx 10" sub, that is rated at 400 watts max and 200 watss rms, now i need to get an amp, what shoudl i do as in power wise, do i get one that has more power or a little less power, or equal power, also what brands are available to me, i am looking to spend about 150 but if need 170 max, if this price range is to low let me know. I want the sub to run its potential and soudn good at it. also for the power wiring kit, shoudl i get one that is rated a 350 watts or higher? thanks guys, o and hell no to the idea that anyone will install this, no mechanic has touched my car ever since i bought it, all on my own, best way to learn. thanks

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I would personally go with an amp rated at or a little above the sub's RMS capability, and then make sure the gains are set low. My amp (six channel Infinity) is rated at about 350 watts or so (RMS), and I used 2 gauge wiring. I'm not really the one to help you pick out the exact amp to get (someone else would be better than I am), but $170 might be a little tight, but it can probably be done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts