Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 - I see this accessory for the keypad but how does it actually work if no wiring? Does it just have a battery and stick on?

2 - Is there an aftermarket remote that can do both prox and remote start features?

3 - What car customization settings are available from the menu?

4 - Is there a mobile app that "talks" to the car?

7 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3oY-K12oFo That videos shows projector headlights and LED accents, are those available aftermarket?

·
Registered
781 Posts
same answers i posted in the previous thread...

1 - Do any editions of the 2012 Focus have a keypad on the door? I thought this was pretty cool on the Fiesta but haven't seen it on the Focus.
It's a dealer installed option, or you can buy the keypads yourself and stick them on and program them yourself, if you're technically inclined.

2 - Is there a stock remote start (titanium model) available that integrates with the prox remote or isn't a different giant keyfob? Or is there an aftermarket remote that can do both features?
No.

3 - What car customization settings are available from the menu?
I suggest you download the owner's manuals.

4 - Does the car have memory power seat?
Power - yes, memory - no.

5 - Can the car automatically lock when you walk away (i.e., my Mz3 has a setting for this so you don't have to press the button on the handle)?
If you have the IA key you need to touch the handle to lock the door after exiting.

6 - What features are available in the mobile app?
You can read all about the app on it's web page.

7 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3oY-K12oFo That videos shows projector headlights and LED accents, is this available?
Not as standard equipment. If you spend some time on ford.com and use the "build your own" option for the Focus you'll see all that you can, and can't, get from the dealership. Along with pricing. The European version of the vehicle has some differences (like the DRL). The fine print displayed in that video mention this.

·
Registered
781 Posts
1. it is RF based, just like the keyfob's buttons.

2. answer is still no.

3. the 2nd printing is revised. so ignore the 1st printing.

The information on the "Multifunction display" starts on page 17.

4. well there are a variety of voice synthesizer apps. those certainly can talk, maybe sync will understand them. [8]

7. no exactly as shown in that video. if you search this forum you will find a few threads describing upcoming products, or how people rolled their own.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts