Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like this to be for questions about the Vortech system. I don't want any flamming or comparisons. Please ask and I will try to get all the answers.

·
Registered
705 Posts
1) How much time was given to R&D considering the late arrival of the system ?

2) What size pulley is on the shaft, are there any options availiable or upgrades (besides the cooler) ?

3) Are any planned ?

4) What is the cause for the need to test on customers cars ? Not enough R&D , to experiment with the customers current mods etc etc.

5) Will a battery relocation kit be offered or ever become a part of your kit ?

6) Have you co-developed any software with anyone besides the affiliation with steeda ?

7) Can steeda perform the computer reflash or are you not related with them in that area ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hotfocus: Our systems are made to work with stock vehicles, so there is nothing you need to do before bolting on the system. We have only tested on manual transmissions.

ALL_MOTOR_FOCUS: This system includes an extended drive shaft that has quite a bit of money involved in it. There is also our tooling/R&D costs that we have to make up. The shaft design is a new one from the civic/integra/contour setup. A much better one. I have not had a chance to take a pic of all the parts, but when I do, you will see all that is included with this system.

pitchblackab:
1..We got our first test mule in here before SEMA last year. So I am guessing October 2002 we started (The engineer with all the tracking is not here today, but I can find out for sure on Monday). That is about a year of R&D.

2.The ZX3 with cooler comes with a 2.62" pulley. Currently, that is the only pulley we have in a 6-rib. We have no other options to go along with that.

3.Once a smaller pulley (which yields more boost) is available, we will have a release on the web site.

4.The need to test on customer cars is for computer programming and to verify that each box code will work. We can't test with every possible mod because we too are limited by the amount of people we have. We have an extensive product line and can't spend all of our efforts on one make/model.

5. The system comes with a battery relocation assembly that puts the battery in the driver's side front fender. If you mean a relocation to the trunk, we already sell that.

6&7. Our ZX3 systems have autologic programming. Steeda uses their technology transfer program with Ford to get their own programming.

·
Registered
147 Posts
oh ok, i see. i jus thought it was wierd, cuz you could buy a turbo kit with that much money, and the jrsc is around $2,700.00, but i guess i understand now

·
Registered
147 Posts
another question, u keep saying zx3, which has the zetec, why don't you say Zetec instead? I have a Zetec sedan so wouldnt that work in there, id think so

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ALL_MOTOR_FOCUS said:
another question, u keep saying zx3, which has the zetec, why don't you say Zetec instead? I have a Zetec sedan so wouldnt that work in there, id think so
Zetec it is! Thanks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I wanna get the Vortex, my engine its the sedan with Zetec manual transmission, with Borla exhuast, no engine modifications yet. I want to know what i need to purchase as a super chip also for my car.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
what advanced systems do you have, for say a built Zetec motor that also wants to run about a 100 shot of nitrous on higher compression and boost?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
inline_engine_lover: The price may go down, I can't say for sure.

latingeo: Our system comes with a chip that will be fine with your Borla exhaust. When you get into other engine work or a header, you will need to get a custom tune.

mofocus: Our cooled and non-cooled system is all we have right now. We will most likely be offering a smaller pulley to get more boost at a later time.

·
FF Affiliate
158 Posts
inline_engine_lover said:
do you see the price coming down in the future?
We are a distributor for Vortech and are currently offering the kits (except SVT until it is released) for a special introductory price of only a few hundred more than a JRSC. We have them in stock and ready to ship! Please call us at 407-339-9211. Thanks!

·
FF Affiliate
158 Posts
We will be offering larger crank pulleys in the near future. We ran a 5.7" crank pulley in our project car for almost a year without any problems. We will begin testing with a 5.9" in the next few weeks! These pulleys will provide an additional 2-4+ psi.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wuduke25 said:
When is the SVT version coming out if ever and what is the project HP and torque increase?
We got past the big hurdle with the programming, but we have to fine tune it. It shouldn't be but a couple of weeks now on the SVT.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts