Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new Ti on Monday night. There's SO many things to get used to from my 2007 Focus, but here are a few questions I hope you all can answer.

1) How do I get artist/song info from my phone over BT. Right now it just says my phone name. (Sprint 4G EVO)

2) How do I set it so when my car starts up it goes right to a certain window (such as radio)?

3) How can I set the ambient lights to only come on when I open the door not while I'm driving?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
1. I don't think there's a way to do that. It just streams audio but as far as I know there's no way for the two devices to send that info over to one another... try plugging the phone into a USB slot and maybe it will work then.

2. I don't think there's any way. You have the choice of 3 home screens and that's it. For the radio screen to be up the radio has to be on, but when you leave the radio on after exiting the car, the screen doesn't come up the next time, it just starts playing and you're still on the home screen.

3. Just turn the dial off when you're driving, as far as I know they will come on when you open the door at full settings anyway, so you can just turn the dial off so when you're driving they won't be on.

Hope this helps, sorry the first couple things won't work!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One more thing, I tried to plug in a USB drive to add a wallpaper. Does the car not recognize NTFS drives, or is it only set to read FAT32 drives?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
One more thing, I tried to plug in a USB drive to add a wallpaper. Does the car not recognize NTFS drives, or is it only set to read FAT32 drives?
See here. I think it should be a FAT16/FAT32 formated driver though. But I can't bet on this. Will check and come back with the result.

Edit: I checked and it has to be FAT32 (NTFS doesn't work). The picture should be less than 1.5 MB and 800x378 max.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I just picked up my new Ti on Monday night. There's SO many things to get used to from my 2007 Focus, but here are a few questions I hope you all can answer.

1) How do I get artist/song info from my phone over BT. Right now it just says my phone name. (Sprint 4G EVO)

2) How do I set it so when my car starts up it goes right to a certain window (such as radio)?

3) How can I set the ambient lights to only come on when I open the door not while I'm driving?
Answers:

1. You can't, at least until AppLink becomes available for the 2012 Focus (which maybe sometime next year at the earliest).

2. There's a menu selection: touch bottom tab and hold till the three screen selections show. Select the bottom one and it has Display options. You can choose where your 1 and 2 right thumb selectors should go and think there's a selection for default.

3. Press and hold the right side button on driver's side light for 5 seconds. It will blink and then only ambient lighting will come on when you open the door. Pressing the button again will re-engage interior lighting.

Enjoy your new Focus! Post pics!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A few more questions.

If I'm listening to the radio and a call comes in, how do I get it to switch to the phone panel without me touching the screen? i thought this would have been automatic.

Also, my phone contacts with pictures works sporadically. Some times the name/picture appears and other times the same callers show up as unknown. This is using a Sprint EVO 4G.

Lastly, do any of the 12v ports turn off when the car is off? I want to plug in my dash GPS to a port that will shut off when my car is off.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
A few more questions.

If I'm listening to the radio and a call comes in, how do I get it to switch to the phone panel without me touching the screen? i thought this would have been automatic.

Also, my phone contacts with pictures works sporadically. Some times the name/picture appears and other times the same callers show up as unknown. This is using a Sprint EVO 4G.

Lastly, do any of the 12v ports turn off when the car is off? I want to plug in my dash GPS to a port that will shut off when my car is off.
Why do you need it on the phone panel when taking a call? It allows you to answer hands free and talk, the panel is really just there to dial or call contacts if you don't want to use SYNC.

The caller ID pics I'm not sure about, I use an iPhone and don't have very many ID pics on my phone.

The 12v ports DO turn off, I believe they're active for 10 minutes after the key is removed and a door is opened, but I may be wrong on that, the bottom line is they DO turn off, so you shouldn't have any issues with your GPS in either port.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Answers:

1. You can't, at least until AppLink becomes available for the 2012 Focus (which maybe sometime next year at the earliest).
That's not correct. This would be true if you were using Pandora, though. If you're using the native music player on your phone, then it is possible. It requires a compatible phone and Microsoft to hopefully fix the horribly buggy implementation of this bluetooth feature in the MFT.

See the phone compatibility chart just posted in the thread here. My Droid X is hit and miss. It does work, but erratically. Take the chart with a grain of salt, because it really depends on the versions of the software on your phone, more than the phone itself.

On the technical side, your phone must support Bluetooth AVRCP 1.3 profile or greater for this to work.

·
Registered
57 Posts
1) You can get track info and artist info through Bluetooth by enabling it in the device settings. Album art only works through USB, though.

2 and 3 have been answered correctly. :p

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some more questions:

1) When trying to play a playlist using Sync, why do I have to say pla in the name? It won't recognize the playlist if I don't say (for instance): "Play playlist country.pla"

2) Has anyone messed with movies through the composite input?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is there a way to not have it index the MP3 player each time you start your car? Some times it takes 20 minutes or so to index.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Mine doesn't index every time I start the car, only when I have made changes to the player and plugged it back in.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Odd mine does it everytime, I wish it only did it each time I added music or MFT allowed us to do it manually.

I have Gracenote turned on, would that be a factor? Also, I added over 100 songs this weekend and the cover art for all those songs do not display but it works for the other 400 songs I have on my Zune. I checked on my PC and each song does have cover art assigned, it just doesn't show up.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I turned Gracenote off in the first couple of days of ownership as it seemed to be causing me nothing but trouble. I have over 6,000 songs and cover art for each and it works for all. Simply removing one song or adding one song however will cause the entire thing to index again (about 5 minutes indexing and 20 minutes building media commands). I am using an iPod. I know there are others on here using the Zune so they may have more to offer but again, in my experience, Gracenote was problematic.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Some more questions:

1) When trying to play a playlist using Sync, why do I have to say pla in the name? It won't recognize the playlist if I don't say (for instance): "Play playlist country.pla"

2) Has anyone messed with movies through the composite input?

I've messed with the video just enough to prove it works. Have a music video on my iPod that I'll play just to show off, but since you can only do it while parked, it's not really practical. Since they're offering digital versions of DVD/Blu-ray when you buy them am thinking about storing those digital versions on my iPod since I have tons of space available, but again how often would I sit in the car to watch a movie? The surround sound would be fantastic though!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've messed with the video just enough to prove it works. Have a music video on my iPod that I'll play just to show off, but since you can only do it while parked, it's not really practical. Since they're offering digital versions of DVD/Blu-ray when you buy them am thinking about storing those digital versions on my iPod since I have tons of space available, but again how often would I sit in the car to watch a movie? The surround sound would be fantastic though!!!
Did that in my Maxima and Murano, cool if you find yourself waiting somewhere. Also use it to watch Youtube every now and then.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's odd that you would have to say ".pla" in the name. My playlists are recognized without having to say ".pla" If I'm already using the USB device, I just say "Play playlist New" or w/e the playlist name is.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts