Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have the CleanSweep installed in your 2012 Focus, how satisfied are you with it? Did you need to also install the signal summing interface, or the load-sensing turn on trigger? I'm considering installing the CleanSweep but wanted to hear some feedback from those who have it installed. Thanks!

·
Registered
683 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Try playing a good quality original audio cd in your Ford Focus, You'll be surprised at how good the stock sound quality really is. (I did it last night and was strangely surprised)
MP3 and IPOD are Lossy and I bet that 90% of us are using MP3 or IPOD Line in.
If your source is not so good it's impossible to get good output.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the quality of the source just fine, but the speakers suck and need more power in my opinion. I wanna put the CleanSweep with amps and new speakers/sub while keeping the stock radio. Just wanted to see of anyone experienced issues.

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
Try playing a good quality original audio cd in your Ford Focus, You'll be surprised at how good the stock sound quality really is. (I did it last night and was strangely surprised)
MP3 and IPOD are Lossy and I bet that 90% of us are using MP3 or IPOD Line in.
If your source is not so good it's impossible to get good output.
No, the stock setup is pretty lame. Lossy files don't help, but aren't to blame for most of the issues anyways.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think those of us with the 10 speaker setup have a completely different experience then the rest of you, this is by far the best sounding car I have been in (from a stock system perspective)

·
Registered
418 Posts
A surefire way to improve the sound in a hatch is to get 2 Good quality 6x9 speakers mounted on the back shelf, disconnect the rear door speakers and use the same outputs to power the 6x9's, a huge improvement specially in bass will be experienced.
The trunk will act as a speaker box and at the same time you will be upgrading 2 of your speakers to high quality speakers. I've done this mod in at least 8 Opel Astras always with good results. You can also add a small subwoofer with built in amplifier that accepts high level inputs. Swithched power is available in the rear fusebox for the sub.
The sub will only need the low end of the spectrum which seems to be quite good in the stock system.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I think those of us with the 10 speaker setup have a completely different experience then the rest of you, this is by far the best sounding car I have been in (from a stock system perspective)
I can agree. 10 speaker sounds better than my old aftermarket with 2 amps

·
Registered
683 Posts
Agreed, I have nothing but praise for the sound system in my Ti.

·
Registered
647 Posts
A surefire way to improve the sound in a hatch is to get 2 Good quality 6x9 speakers mounted on the back shelf, disconnect the rear door speakers and use the same outputs to power the 6x9's, a huge improvement specially in bass will be experienced.
The trunk will act as a speaker box and at the same time you will be upgrading 2 of your speakers to high quality speakers. I've done this mod in at least 8 Opel Astras always with good results. You can also add a small subwoofer with built in amplifier that accepts high level inputs. Swithched power is available in the rear fusebox for the sub.
The sub will only need the low end of the spectrum which seems to be quite good in the stock system.
You mean a sedan with a trunk, right? Not a hatch...

Tony

·
Registered
647 Posts
You might want to check out AudioControl's new LCQ-1. Availability might be an issue, but I just got mine installed with aftermarket front speakers and the difference is AMAZING. I'm extremely happy with it and I'm quite the audiophile. Has summed inputs and isn't too difficult to hook up to the Sony amp. Only $300.

Hate to disagree with a few of you, but the Sony system in the Focus is definitely one of the more mediocre OEM systems I've had, especially in the bass department. Different strokes. [:)]

I have a stereo install thread floating around here somewhere with detailed pics. I'm in the process of adding new pics showing the LCQ-1 install.

Tony

·
Registered
42 Posts
No, the stock setup is pretty lame. Lossy files don't help, but aren't to blame for most of the issues anyways.
I have to agree with Joey here, the stock (4 speaker) system is pretty bad. I have tried both burned and original recording CDs and I found there is really no good way to get clear highs and lows. I had a Mazda3 before this with a 6 speaker set up (stock) and I found that a lot nicer.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I think the 6 speaker system sounds pretty good. I've had some high quality aftermarket systems in my other cars and of course it doesn't compete with that. However, for a stock speaker system I think it sounds pretty damn good.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i agree. the 10 speaker setup on th 12'FoFo rivals that of my 2010 Acura RDX Tech with DVD Audio and my Bose sound system at home. By far one the best stock audio system out there. [thumb] [ffrocks]

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Moved to "Car Audio & Electronics"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts