Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus SE Sedan DCT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Tom and everyone viewing, I'm looking into getting this TI-VCT complete turbo kit to transform my 2016 2.0L Ford Focus SE Sedan (automatic) into a turbocharged Focus. I'm looking into purchasing it mid to late October if everything works out as I want to take my car to a DIY shop during the Winter months (I'm in the Buffalo area). I have a few questions I need answered before that however, and was wondering if you can help me out. I already posted this on your website but no one got back to me, and I am not allowed to start a conversation since my account is new:

1.) besides the items listed in the description, what else does the kit include? Will I have everything I need after buying this kit to turbo-charge my car (minus tools), or will I need more items (bigger fuel injectors, new headers, etc.)?

2.) What are the specifications of the turbocharger, and how much reliable boost (PSI) will it be able to give my engine?

3.) After thoroughly researching the concept of turbocharging for a 4 cylinder engine, I determined I'll also want to get a dual exhaust for my car. Since the downpipe supplied in the kit is for the stock exhaust, will it potentially work with a dual cat-back exhaust? If not, which dual exhaust options do you suggest I look into?

4.) Lastly, If I give you the details of the car for the tune before I take it to the shop, will I be able to upload the tune in the shop so that I don't have to worry about my car running too lean? Will it be as effective if not more effective than a dyno tune (this is what I'm really worried about)?

I'll probably have a few more questions as I look more into this, so thank you for your time and for helping me figure this out!

·
Registered
04 ZX5
70 Posts
Toms kit already includes the exhaust manifold you don't need to get one and it's recommended to buy bigger injectors. and yes you can upload the tune in the shop. Toms tunes are generally pretty good but if you have the money to get a dyno tune to get one and find someone who knows the focus platform well tom might be able to tune it remotely on the dyno I'm not sure you'd have to ask him.

·
FF Affiliate
31,419 Posts
1.) besides the items listed in the description, what else does the kit include? Will I have everything I need after buying this kit to turbo-charge my car (minus tools), or will I need more items (bigger fuel injectors, new headers, etc.)?
**** I am making the Full kit now so a few things have changed and will be in the new Web site , Things you need
XCAL4 Flasher
Custom Boost Tune
Boost and A/F Gauge
Larger Inj
TB spacer to connect your Boost Ref to

2.) What are the specifications of the turbocharger, and how much reliable boost (PSI) will it be able to give my engine?
**** I use the GT2871R Garrett Turbo and about 10-12 psi

3.) After thoroughly researching the concept of turbocharging for a 4 cylinder engine, I determined I'll also want to get a dual exhaust for my car. Since the downpipe supplied in the kit is for the stock exhaust, will it potentially work with a dual cat-back exhaust? If not, which dual exhaust options do you suggest I look into?
**** The Downpipe is big enough to support 350whp , I would do a least a 2.5 if not 3 Inch Exh

4.) Lastly, If I give you the details of the car for the tune before I take it to the shop, will I be able to upload the tune in the shop so that I don't have to worry about my car running too lean? Will it be as effective if not more effective than a dyno tune (this is what I'm really worried about)?
**** Yes I can email you a Tune to drive it home

I'll probably have a few more questions as I look more into this, so thank you for your time and for helping me figure this out!
**** Just ask !

Tom

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is very informative, thank you!

What is this new website, and when do you think you'll have the updated kit ready for purchase?

Also, do you sell a custom dual exhaust for the focus, or is that included in the kit? The current website I'm on (TI-VCT COMPLETE TURBO KIT – Focus-Power) Doesn't show me the manifold on the car, so it leaves a lot to my imagination 😅

350 whp sounds very impressive though! That's more than double the stock power. What did you need to reach this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Toms kit already includes the exhaust manifold you don't need to get one and it's recommended to buy bigger injectors. and yes you can upload the tune in the shop. Toms tunes are generally pretty good but if you have the money to get a dyno tune to get one and find someone who knows the focus platform well tom might be able to tune it remotely on the dyno I'm not sure you'd have to ask him.
Yeah I think I'd want to get a dyno tune afterwards because it's more specific to my car, but if the flash tune itself can give upwards of 300+ horsepower then I may just leave it at that

·
Registered
27 Posts
**** I am making the Full kit now so a few things have changed and will be in the new Web site , Things you need
XCAL4 Flasher
Custom Boost Tune
Boost and A/F Gauge
Larger Inj

**** I use the GT2871R Garrett Turbo and about 10-12 psi

**** The Downpipe is big enough to support 350whp , I would do a least a 2.5 if not 3 Inch Exh

**** Yes I can email you a Tune to drive it home

**** Just ask !

Tom
Can you tune a 2018 1.0t ecoboost? I didn't see it in the list on the website for the tuner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
XCAL4 Flasher
Custom Boost Tune
Boost and A/F Gauge
Larger Inj

Tom
This is very informative, thank you!

What is this new website, and when do you think you'll have the updated kit ready for purchase?

Also, do you sell a custom dual exhaust for the focus, or is that included in the kit? The current website I'm on (TI-VCT COMPLETE TURBO KIT – Focus-Power) Doesn't show me the manifold on the car, so it leaves a lot to my imagination 😅

350 whp sounds very impressive though! That's more than double the stock power. What did you need to reach this?

·
FF Affiliate
31,419 Posts
Downpipe comes with the Kit but not the Exh

I hope the website is up next Month

To hit 350 whp you will need a Built Engine , better HPFP , 1700cc Inj and you can go to 400+

Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts