Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to start such a lame thread, but i was wondering...Is it safe to drive the MK3 FF w/ DCT really hard. Like I love pushing the rpms up to 4000 - 6000 during hard accelerations. I just love the way my K&N filter sounds and I want to hear it scream. I was just wondering how safe that was?

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
If you car is not brand new, not a problem.
When brand new, like right off the delivery truck, Redlining it might not be a good idea.
If you have over a thousand miles on the car, then running it up the rpm scale is not a problem.I am a 65 year old bag, and I regularly wind the engine up on freeway ramps suitable for it.. I have a manual, so it seems way more natural to do so with it.
In my opinion it is actually good for the engine to rev it up once in awhile.. And repeatedly for say twenty minutes is good too.

All the time? no comment.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always felt similarly about it. I've also heard that engines have the ability to self clean but because the average person does run then hard enough to get them hot, they don't usually clean themselves. I have a DCT model and some times I love throwing it in Selectshift mode and rowing through the gears. She seems to take it like a champ and I would almost say she enjoys it.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
it's good to get on it every now and then. Keeps everything cleaned out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts