Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a silver '02 SVT, and after a couple weeks of driving it I've noticed a few minor problems.

One occurs when the car is either stopped or barely moving, it's a faint squeaking/popping noise coming from the front end. I immediately thought CV joints/shafts, but when I came here I read a thread where someone had this problem and someone said it was probably a pin in the front stabilizer that has rattled loose or a ball joint. Me and a friend checked it out the other day, and the pin had alot of give to it, you can wiggle it left and right. But I wonder if this pin could be the cause of the faint popping sound?

And the other problem, which seems to be very common for SVT's. Is the 1st to 2nd gear clunk, if I shift into 2nd early the engine will naturally bog down, and there will be a clunking sound, I've never noticed it really do it in any other gears. I'm assuming it's the rear engine mount that everyone keeps talking about, but is there anything else it could be?

Thanks in advance [:)]

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Muzzy said:
And the other problem, which seems to be very common for SVT's. Is the 1st to 2nd gear clunk, if I shift into 2nd early the engine will naturally bog down, and there will be a clunking sound, I've never noticed it really do it in any other gears. I'm assuming it's the rear engine mount that everyone keeps talking about, but is there anything else it could be?
I don't know about your first problem, but that one is your rear engine mount, you can replace it with the VF rear mount from New Edge or other dealers, mine is in the mail right now. [:)]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts