Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tomorow I am going to head out to buy some more car care products and I have a few questions about products.

I was going to get the Mequiars 3 step system, but I was wondering if I could skip buying the 3rd step (the wax) and use my gold class wax? Can I do this, or will it have a negative effect on the previous two steps? Are the products designed to be used with just the 3 step products? (Probably a stupid question but i'm young and I dont really know much about detailing or the products)

Just another quick question about a wash, the only semi good washes they sell at the local store are the mequiars deep crystal car wash and the simoniz products. Is the deep crystal wash really worth it? I know that the stuff I can order online is better but I just realized today that I dont have any wash products (I guess I forgot that I ran out during my last wash) so time is an issue as I should wash tomorow or the day after. Of course as my next bottle runs dry I will order online (I'll be commin to you wayne [:)]). I used the deep crystal wash since I bought my car (few months ago) but I wasn't sure if it was good enough to buy again. Would I be better off waiting to wash for a few days and order a wash from the net or from wayne?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Gold class is fine for the 3rd step.
The three step system is
paint cleaner
polish
wax/sealant.
Just as long as you go in order, you can substitute the 3rd with anything you like really. It doesn't even have to be carnuba based, it could be synthetic if you want (mother's reflections, meguiars nxt, eagle, nanowax, etc.)
I like using a three step instead of all in one products.
I did my focus over the weekend using Meguiars clay bar, paint cleaner, polish, but substituted the 3rd step with Turtle Wax Platinum Ultra Gloss.
It worked great!
Oh yeah, any brand name car wash will do fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts