Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
I've done the full lockset swap too!! Just be careful with the trunk cylinders if you have a sedan. If you have the keyhole in the center of you trunklid, you need the longer cylinder barrel. If you have the keyhole towards the right you may need the hatchback tumbler (see pic below of the two different sizes)

And here's a pic of what you need to grind down to get the trunk cylinder out

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for the help guys. I'll probably have to keep looking, Do you have the part number for the lock on the right? The euro part number I mean lol.

Also I just bought a set of euro locks for a hatchback if anyone wants to take my place as the winner on ebay! Its like $80 shipped and theyre brand new and "cut". Shoot me a PM and I can put you through to the guy.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have a FINIS code (I have no idea what that is) which is "4085207". Not sure of the Ford part #, but you could check with Trevor at Ford Parts UK. I paid almost $32 USD for just that trunk barrel on eBay.uk lol, I'm sure you can get it cheaper elsewhere. You can swap the hatchback tumbler internals into the sedan tumbler (which is what I ended up doing).

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Awesome dude! I might need that. I think I'll put all this together in a tread when I'm finished. That way the next person that wants to swap won't have to depend on you, or islandfocus, slipster, and deaner haha.

So you put the lock from a euro hatch (that matched your other locks) inside a random euro sedan tumbler? right, not inside your stock tumbler?

Is that easy to do? Is it sort of like the ignition cyl, where you need the key to remove it? If it is I'll just buy the set of locks I found and look for a sedan lock while I swap the other lock haha.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Yup that's exactly what I did.

You need to take the tumbler apart and swap everything from the hatch tumbler (assuming thats what you may be getting) into the sedan tumbler. Be careful because the is a tiny metal pin that might pop out when you pull the armature out of the housing. The swap is easy, you just have to be REALLY careful doing it. Shoot me a PM if you need help!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts