Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have the eibach sportline pros i love em. theyre stiff, little bounce, stock struts hold up fine...drops bout 2" and 2.25 i think in the back.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
before you go jumping into a purchase you need to ask yourself how low you want to go. and before you say, i just want to go as low as i can you need to remember that pretty much the lower you go the stiffer the ride is going to be. is this something you can live with? also keep in mind that if you do use lowering springs it is very wise to also go ahead and replace your struts and shocks. also if you are considering anything around to lower than a 2 inch drop you will need a camber kit. just something to think about. also there is a large suspension thread i believe in the how to section which lists the different options as well as has some pictures of the different setups. i would do a lot more research before you go out and purchase something.

·
Registered
189 Posts
^^^ I agree with gump1114.

I have Eibach Sportlines on mine and love it! Keep checking our For Sale section, you can get really awesome deals on them, or you can contact our sponsors and go that route.

[cheers]

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
You can't go wrong with Eibach for a daily driver..... all depends on the plans for your car, there are different products for different applications.

DO NOT, and I repeat DO NOT BUY THAT CRAP OFF EBAY, especially the coilovers!!!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
i had the svt kit on my car. the ride was comfy and the handling was good too. i just switched to sportline kit, and i am happy. it handles good and rides well too considering the drop. i would recommend eibach. ive riden in a car on vogtland springs and it rides pretty well too. just like chad said, stay away from that ebay crap.

·
Registered
343 Posts
but i also heard that lowering springs will overwork ur struts, so ur struts will blow very soon.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
thats why you get it all done at once. i got the sportline springs and pro dampers. i got them for like 600 total installed on my car with 4 wheel alignment.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i've got the prokit on my car along with the pro dampers. got it all from Todd @ North Coast Performance (one of our sponsors) awesome prices and very helpful when you need something. the ride's nothing you can't bear with every day and almost rides as if it were the stock springs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts